• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone interested in a ball testing swap?

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I was just thinking that I would like to do a ball testing thing this year, to find something that I really like. I'd kind of like to test so premium balls, but it is not cost effective to buy a dozen of each. So this is what I'm thinking.

If I could find 3 other guys, we could buy 4 dozen balls. I could do some rearranging to make it so that every box has 2 of each brand/make, and ship them out. That way, you are buying a premium box of balls, with 4 different makes, for the price of 1 dozen + shipping. Does this make any sense? Would anyone be interested? I'll gladly do the work. I'm thinking too that if I went into my local Golf ETC. and said I wanted 12 dozen new balls, that I could get a discount.

Also, if we had 12 guys, we could get 12 dozen, and really have a variety. I'll start a list on this post.

Bridgestone B-330RX
TM TP Black LDP
Srixon Z-STAR

OP
Clugnut

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Actually, I'm starting to rethink this already. Its probably cheaper to just buy a sleeve of each at the course, when you consider shipping and everything.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Its nice that you're thinking of others though. Little bit silly though, shipping is no ones freind.

Riverologist

Jan 27, 2009
I was just thinking that I would like to do a ball testing thing this year, to find something that I really like. I'd kind of like to test so premium balls, but it is not cost effective to buy a dozen of each. So this is what I'm thinking.

If I could find 3 other guys, we could buy 4 dozen balls. I could do some rearranging to make it so that every box has 2 of each brand/make, and ship them out. That way, you are buying a premium box of balls, with 4 different makes, for the price of 1 dozen + shipping. Does this make any sense? Would anyone be interested? I'll gladly do the work. I'm thinking too that if I went into my local Golf ETC. and said I wanted 12 dozen new balls, that I could get a discount.

Also, if we had 12 guys, we could get 12 dozen, and really have a variety. I'll start a list on this post.

Bridgestone B-330RX
TM TP Black LDP
Srixon Z-STAR

You don't have 3 "real life" friends and live, oh say, in the same city?

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
He'd have a better chance of getting a few guys together for that over sending a dozen balls, four times, across the country.

Maybe you would have an easier time doing such a thing. I, and I would assume that most members of this board, would prefer to buy a box of golf balls and spend $7 for shipping over the alternative you and Ezra have suggested.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Actually, I'm starting to rethink this already. Its probably cheaper to just buy a sleeve of each at the course, when you consider shipping and everything.

Yep. Plus, randomly buying balls for all sorts of handicaps is not a good idea. Obviously, everyone will love the 4 peice balls, but not the price, and vice versa for the more expensive balls.

HOWEVER, what would be cool is if you contacted a manufacturer and asked about sponsoring a demo program that you would be in control of to try out each of their prospective wares. Sending out a dozen balls, 4 sleeves of different types, for shipping costs alone woudl be a better alternative.

For the record, i have 10 dozen ProX1x sitting in the basement already marked, so I'm out. :D

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Maybe you would have an easier time doing such a thing. I, and I would assume that most members of this board, would prefer to buy a box of golf balls and spend $7 for shipping over the alternative you and Ezra have suggested.

Mike, I'll teabag you for free. :biglol:

R35

🔥 Latest posts