• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone into bicycles?

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
929.99 was a LOT more than I really wanted to pay...but given the prices used bikes are pulling, I can't see spending $650 on an unknown unit when I can have one brand new for not THAT much more. Plus, it's more bike than I need, so it should probably last me the rest of my life with general maintenance.

I'll keep looking at the used market to see if I can find a gem...but for now, I'll plan on buying the Dual Sport 3 when it comes in. I got it in Grey...they had one in a bright orange, but that's just not me.
The extra money spent up front for the piece of mind knowing that I’m the very first rider and all components are brand new. Was money saved in the long run, IMO anyway. It’s why I went out and bought new for myself and the Mrs too. Spent a little more maybe than I wanted, but it was so worth it!!

I will warn you though, this relearned fun has opened a whole new can of worms... I still looking online too. Now I want to find a vintage commuter. Clean it up and tow our kids around with it. AND my buddy let me ride his fat bike last winter... Let’s just say, its on ‘the list’ too LMAO!!

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
The extra money spent up front for the piece of mind knowing that I’m the very first rider and all components are brand new. Was money saved in the long run, IMO anyway. It’s why I went out and bought new for myself and the Mrs too. Spent a little more maybe than I wanted, but it was so worth it!!

I will warn you though, this relearned fun has opened a whole new can of worms... I still looking online too. Now I want to find a vintage commuter. Clean it up and tow our kids around with it. AND my buddy let me ride his fat bike last winter... Let’s just say, its on ‘the list’ too LMAO!!
I know I'm going to end up wanting a more hard core downhill style mountain bike...

I just effing know it

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Alright, so I got the call today that my bike was ready. Picked it up, got some accessories, looks nice, I like it. Just rode it around the house a little bit because I didn't really have a lot of time.

Have a question though, the specs online say the bike is supposed to come equipped with Bontrager GR1 Expert tires...and my bike has Continental Contact Plus. These seem to be more road than off, and I do plan to do some off road with this bike.

Did they take my more expensive tires to sell aftermarket and give me some cheaper tires? It says the Bontrager GR1 tires are in stock at the store I bought the bike from, so I don't think it's an issue with the OEM tire being out of stock or unavailable. Could just be an honest mistake?

How pissed off should I be?

EDIT: I'm about a 5/10 right now...because there might be a reasonable explanation for this...but if they took the tires I was supposed to have off to sell, and gave me these...I'm going to be like 8/10.

I'm going to call them tomorrow.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Alright, so I got the call today that my bike was ready. Picked it up, got some accessories, looks nice, I like it. Just rode it around the house a little bit because I didn't really have a lot of time.

Have a question though, the specs online say the bike is supposed to come equipped with Bontrager GR1 Expert tires...and my bike has Continental Contact Plus. These seem to be more road than off, and I do plan to do some off road with this bike.

Did they take my more expensive tires to sell aftermarket and give me some cheaper tires? It says the Bontrager GR1 tires are in stock at the store I bought the bike from, so I don't think it's an issue with the OEM tire being out of stock or unavailable. Could just be an honest mistake?

How pissed off should I be?

EDIT: I'm about a 5/10 right now...because there might be a reasonable explanation for this...but if they took the tires I was supposed to have off to sell, and gave me these...I'm going to be like 8/10.

I'm going to call them tomorrow.
So, how did this turn out?

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
As long as it worked out better for you and not someone else. It’s all good!!

No pics yet??
haha, I totally forgot to even take any.

Now it's all dirty from the gravel paths I've been riding.

She's got over 30 miles on it now though...haven't been able to ride it much on the weekends because of my son's baseball tournaments.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Also...I've been watching a TON of downhill type mountain biking videos on YouTube...

I kinda want a mountain bike....not quite enough to spend big money on it yet though lol

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Also...I've been watching a TON of downhill type mountain biking videos on YouTube...

I kinda want a mountain bike....not quite enough to spend big money on it yet though lol
A dirty bike is a well travelled one and leads to a happy rider!! Still no excuse to not post a pic!! LMAO

I’m not into downhill biking so much, but I did got out and buy the wife and I an around town cruiser the other day... 😊 Its just a unisex commuter I picked up for $150. Pretty plain but all black, so the potential is there. Also is 7-speed, so I plan on towing the kids around with it in our buggy trailer!!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
A dirty bike is a well travelled one and leads to a happy rider!! Still no excuse to not post a pic!! LMAO

I’m not into downhill biking so much, but I did got out and buy the wife and I an around town cruiser the other day... 😊 Its just a unisex commuter I picked up for $150. Pretty plain but all black, so the potential is there. Also is 7-speed, so I plan on towing the kids around with it in our buggy trailer!!
Don’t even have the bike in my possession, as I had to get my BIL to pick it up for me... I’ve already nicknamed it ‘The Vista Cruiser’ and yes I was watching That 70’s Show when the name came to me!! 😋

There’s not going to be anything fast about this bike, its all about the Cruise!! Ordered a big comfy seat, some fenders and a rear cargo rack. Full utility mode!!

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Don’t even have the bike in my possession, as I had to get my BIL to pick it up for me... I’ve already nicknamed it ‘The Vista Cruiser’ and yes I was watching That 70’s Show when the name came to me!! 😋

There’s not going to be anything fast about this bike, its all about the Cruise!! Ordered a big comfy seat, some fenders and a rear cargo rack. Full utility mode!!
I might be getting a rear rack for my bike...so I can mount some rod holders and have a place to carry my tackle box.
Or I'll just use my kid carrier to haul all my stuff...but I can't have quite as much fun jumping stumps with the trailer on.

Found out I still have the skill of riding backwards. Taught myself how to do that at like 12, tried it out last night and was surprised to find out I could still do it quite easily. This bike is a bit bigger though, so I can't quite sit on the handlebars nearly as easily as my old bike. Kids were pretty impressed though...lol

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I might be getting a rear rack for my bike...so I can mount some rod holders and have a place to carry my tackle box.
Or I'll just use my kid carrier to haul all my stuff...but I can't have quite as much fun jumping stumps with the trailer on.

Found out I still have the skill of riding backwards. Taught myself how to do that at like 12, tried it out last night and was surprised to find out I could still do it quite easily. This bike is a bit bigger though, so I can't quite sit on the handlebars nearly as easily as my old bike. Kids were pretty impressed though...lol
Riding backwards is something I never mastered as a kid, don’t see myself attempting it now either!! LOL Don’t wanna visit the ER that badly!

Fishing by bike is something I did as a youngster, I just might take that up again now. Such an underutilized mode of transport!! Our kid hauler still carries the two littlest ones around for now, but pretty soon it will be just a trailer for stuff, ideal for the Vista Cruiser!! Also have this whacky idea to build a little wooden crate for the back rack, kinda like an old farm truck box. Make it big enough for the wife’s work bag & lunch or a 12pk!! 👍😃

🔥 Latest posts