• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone into bicycles?

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Hitting snags in your projects are sooo annoying!! Got the Vista Cruiser in our possession, fender kit arrived as well as the rear cargo rack and new seat. Twins were napping, it was perfect!!

Almost knew things were going too well, everything was lining up, fitting like things were meant to be. Then it happened... the last four bolts/screws needed to attach the rear fender and rack to the frame at the rear tire don’t fit. Thread looks the same, the length is perfect, but they are just a hair too small to grab the threads and tighten to the frame. FML 😡 how does that happen, every other one fit into predrilled holes on the bike fine, but not these four. My search for the right ones starts today!!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Hitting snags in your projects are sooo annoying!! Got the Vista Cruiser in our possession, fender kit arrived as well as the rear cargo rack and new seat. Twins were napping, it was perfect!!

Almost knew things were going too well, everything was lining up, fitting like things were meant to be. Then it happened... the last four bolts/screws needed to attach the rear fender and rack to the frame at the rear tire don’t fit. Thread looks the same, the length is perfect, but they are just a hair too small to grab the threads and tighten to the frame. FML 😡 how does that happen, every other one fit into predrilled holes on the bike fine, but not these four. My search for the right ones starts today!!
UPDATE:

Turns out, all I needed was an M8 instead of the M6 bolt supplied in the kit!?!?! Easy enough fix, a special thanks to the wonderful lady who was only covering in the hardware department, but still took the extra few minutes to help me out. For a little under $3, got the bolts and a few washers needed to get the Vista Cruiser on the road!! 😃

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
My daughter has highjacked my bike...

Now anytime I send her to do something around town, she *needs* to take my bike instead of hers. Luckily she's tall and has long legs(calm down @MCDavis ) so she actually fits on my size large bike frame well.

My wife actually really likes it as well, so, I have a really good feeling that I'll be buying more 'nicer' bikes in short order.

I just wish we had more trails around here. I'm already kind of sick of riding the same ol' trails/streets. I'll hopefully be taking the bikes and the fam to some more spots.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country

Now anytime I send her to do something around town, she *needs* to take my bike instead of hers. Luckily she's tall and has long legs(calm down @MCDavis ) so she actually fits on my size large bike frame well.

My wife actually really likes it as well, so, I have a really good feeling that I'll be buying more 'nicer' bikes in short order.

I just wish we had more trails around here. I'm already kind of sick of riding the same ol' trails/streets. I'll hopefully be taking the bikes and the fam to some more spots.
Dude, I could never think that way about your daughter. Especially given how long I've been with your wife! ;)

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada

Thankfully I’m quite a few years away from this kids hijacking my bikes, but it will happen in time! The youngest girl keeps calling mine “pretty,” she’s right tho, the blue is pretty sweet!! I’m just pumped they always want to ride their trikes wherever we go. That’s a win for now!!

I was recommended the All Trails app by a friend big into hiking. We’ve used it both for hikes and bike rides!

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Thankfully I’m quite a few years away from this kids hijacking my bikes, but it will happen in time! The youngest girl keeps calling mine “pretty,” she’s right tho, the blue is pretty sweet!! I’m just pumped they always want to ride their trikes wherever we go. That’s a win for now!!

I was recommended the All Trails app by a friend big into hiking. We’ve used it both for hikes and bike rides!
I'll check the app out.

My bike is set up to handle the Bluetooth module that goes on the non drive side chain stay called "Duotrap" I think? tracks both wheel speed and pedal speed to your phone...

Might actually get that as it does seem like interesting data to have.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I'll check the app out.

My bike is set up to handle the Bluetooth module that goes on the non drive side chain stay called "Duotrap" I think? tracks both wheel speed and pedal speed to your phone...

Might actually get that as it does seem like interesting data to have.
Having only recently really just gotten back into bikes and falling in love with them again. I’ve been totally blown away with all the technology and upgrades one can make these days. I just don’t remember it being like this when I was younger. The really hardcore guys were the only ones upgrading their bikes, when I was in university.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
My neighbor across the street, also my elementary school music teacher, rides a bike for 95% of his transportation and has since the 70's. I believe he's either 75 or 76 now and he puts on a TON of bicycle miles a year. He takes care of all the cities natural prairie gardens, does lots of prescribed burns, and transports all his materials summer and winter on bicycle. This man is in better shape at his age now than I have ever been I'm pretty sure. Last year because of Covid, was the first year he didn't play semi-competitive softball. I'll be happy if I'm able to get out of bed by myself at 75 lol

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Thinking about getting a bike with electric assist. I'm such a geezer.
They are becoming quite the ‘in’ thing. My buddy in Edmonton has one and just loves it!! Rides it year round, in Edmonton Canada thats quite a task. The assist helps in the winter. He did learn studded tires are a must!!

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I have 2/3 of the kids on two-wheelers!! With training wheels of course, but this is a huge deal to them. My goal for the summer was to get all three on their bikes. So I could ride too, instead of walking/running behind them. Our girls are doing amazing, our son just like with most things it seems, takes his sweet ass time. LOL

🔥 Latest posts