• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone into bicycles?

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
My father in law got my first boy one of those glide bikes....and he rode it randomly...still needed some training wheels time on a pedal bike to get going...but only a week or two. He just didn't really have the interest and drive to ride a bike, so he wouldn't really put the work into it.

My second boy, rode that glide bike constantly...he would ride it down hills at 2 years old with his feet up. He had no issues balancing. When we got him a pedal bike, I took the training wheels off immediately, he never even saw them. I gave him the bike, gave him a few pointers on starting off with the pedals and he was riding that pedal bike at 3 years old in about 15 minutes of getting used to pedaling. It was the fastest I've ever seen a kid ride a bike. I never even helped him other than those few pointers on where to position the pedals and how to pedal backwards to stop.

Third boy, he just turned 2 and is getting the glide bike down pretty good. So we'll see if he skips the training wheels as well. He's not quite as advanced as the second one was at this age...but my second one is kind of a different animal. When he puts his mind to something, he's going to do it. He saw a kid on a skateboard a few weeks ago...spent all day at a skate park while my first son was at a baseball tournament. Someone gave him a skateboard, and at this point, he can take it down some small ramps and ride it around better than I can. He decided he wanted to skateboard and that was it, he was doing it.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I've still been riding the Trek around town. It's a fantastic bike and I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Pretty much perfect for my use case. I don't take it off road really at all like I thought I might. The components are very nice middle of the road stuff(not junk, but not super fancy either), it's a very easy pedaling bike. Not a ton of gears, but enough to keep me comfortable for most situations. The brakes are the best feeling and stopping brakes I've ever had on a bicycle ever. Hydraulic disc brakes are great because they don't drag and you don't have to adjust them constantly as springs break in or pads wear like on typical rim brakes.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Our twins, G/B are different animals that’s for sure. I tell everyone the only thing ‘the same’ about them was their cook time inside mommy. Our son is the baby of the three by just less than 10 minutes... With the exception of the timing, being completely out of our hands, I think our family was incredibly lucky. Our oldest daughter (by 19 months) is the leader of the pack for sure and her sister came into the world determined to be just like her. People confuse them for twins more than our actual ones!!

My mini me does things his own way, usually the hard way too unfortunately for his little body! Just like his dad did so I’ve come to learn. It’s honestly a miracle I’m alive with some of my parents stories. He gets there, eventually and he will too with biking. He just wants to be a part of everything right now so doesn’t really pay attention! LOL

Last night we went for a family ride, just around our crescent. Somehow I got screwed and ended up on foot, but Rambo picked his bike to ride, so I really didn’t mind hanging back with him while the girls went on ahead.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Glark's wife and your daughter asked me to bring it up...
Daaaammnnn...a twofer....

giphy.gif

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
3/3!! OHHH Hell YA!!!

On a serious fatherly high right now... along with a super successful stint using the potty, my little man is also rocking his bike riding as of late!!

BOO YA! It’s 8:45am, but I’d still drink to that!! 🍻

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
3/3!! OHHH Hell YA!!!

On a serious fatherly high right now... along with a super successful stint using the potty, my little man is also rocking his bike riding as of late!!

BOO YA! It’s 8:45am, but I’d still drink to that!! 🍻
A minor update with major family implications!!

3/3 on their bikes was a big summer goal of mine ✅ getting the twins potty trained for good another ✅ and finally, as of last week ALL three of our children started school!! ✅

Feeling like a pretty bad ass DAD right now! 😎

🔥 Latest posts