• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone know what CG on Hibore Xl is

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
I played 18 with a guy today who bought a Hibore Xl off the rack at dicks and it had a CG stamped on the club near the hosel. Does that mean tour issue? I've never seen it except on some ebay listings that claim tour issue, but their listings have serial numbers with the CG. Thanks!

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Some of the 10.5° RH HiBoreXL heads were non-conforming to USGA regulations -- I'm not sure what rule they broke to be honest, but apparently it was borderline because some conformed and some didn't -- that means the head was designed to conform, but was so close that the accepted manufacturing tolerances could push it over the limit. Once they realized it they started checking each one and stamped "CG" on the conforming models. If you had bought one before they found that they'd pay shipping both ways for you to send yours in and have it checked. So that means his is legal for USGA play, which I guess is a good thing (although it wouldn't make any difference to most players anyway.)

*EDIT* here's a link to an article regarding it - http://www.sirshanksalot.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=170

Apparently they'd replace non-conforming drivers if you had one, too. Way to step up on their part.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.