• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone like the Wilson 50/50? Quite a sale...

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I saw that....

Been looking to try something different. Hell, I went to buy a dozen TM TP Blacks, and they were $42.99. When in HELL did they get that high? I thought $39 was a little extreme.

In any case.... How are those balls.. the wilsons?

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I used them last winter as I like to go to a low compression ball in the colder months. They are not a bad ball, although I never used them in the warmer months. I would go to them again during the winter if I needed some and they were cheaper than the D2 Feel. When I used them I played them side by side with the D2 Feel. I think they are fairly comparable. Again though, this was in the winter, and I was not a big fan of the D2 Feel in the warmer months for various reasons, like my wedges and short iron shots falling out of the sky early. Not a bad deal at that price, although I picked up the Maxfli Tour Fires from Rockbottom for roughly the same price ($11.99 a dozen) and got 12 dozen, so I won't be buying any balls anytime soon. Am using the 2-peice and softer golf balls I won during the year this winter, and have about 6-7 dozen of them, varying from Srizon to Titleist.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I see the normal Fire is on $20 for 3 dozen. I haven't played them, but have heard they play somewhat similar to the Tour Fire by a few on here. I wasn't willing to take the risk earlier to save a few bucks, but at that price I may have reconsidered to at least try them. Not sure I would want to use them in colder months though.

Maxfli Golf- Fire Golf Ball Dozens **3-Pack**

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Since you can time my swing with an hour glass, a soft mushy ball is a must. Wilson 50/50's work out pretty well for me, and are #2 behind Nike Juice, but I still prefer SoLo's to all of them.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I see the normal Fire is on $20 for 3 dozen. I haven't played them, but have heard they play somewhat similar to the Tour Fire by a few on here. I wasn't willing to take the risk earlier to save a few bucks, but at that price I may have reconsidered to at least try them. Not sure I would want to use them in colder months though.

Maxfli Golf- Fire Golf Ball Dozens **3-Pack**

Tried the Fires & I thought they sucked, didn't like the feel of them as they felt hard & unresponsive.

steve in Arizona

Dec 31, 2008
I saw that....

Been looking to try something different. Hell, I went to buy a dozen TM TP Blacks, and they were $42.99. When in HELL did they get that high? I thought $39 was a little extreme.

In any case.... How are those balls.. the wilsons?

Rockbottom also has the Maxfli Black Max for $60 for three dozen. Essentially similar to the TM TP balls for half the price.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Tried the Fires & I thought they sucked, didn't like the feel of them as they felt hard & unresponsive.
Did you ever try the Tour Fires, curious how they compare. Probably the reason I didn't try and save the money, wasn't worth the risk as much as I liked the Tour Fires.
Rockbottom also has the Maxfli Black Max for $60 for three dozen. Essentially similar to the TM TP balls for half the price.
I really like the Black Max as well, and would have likely bought those had they been offered at the time. They probably rate high on my list of best balls I have ever used. I even think I like them better than the Tour Fires by a small margin. I have alway been a fan of Maxfli golf balls in large part because they had changed so often and always had some on sale. The Tour Revs were high on my list as well, as them, the Black Max and then the Tour Fires seemed to be the procession.

Although now with their workings with TM, I am not sure I will be so lucky in the future. Seems they have tapered off a bit on that line, and I think the TM's are now their equals, or at least supposed to be. I have only played a few TM's, and not enough to know if I like them. I did used to really like the Inergels years ago.

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
I am with WBL on this...very strange ball. I played a sleeve for two rounds or so just couldn't get the feel of it.

I have been playing the Maxfli BlackMax the last few cold rounds I played. I like it but not as much as the older A3 Solid. I really wish Maxfli stuck with balls a bit longer than they do. I really really liked the that ball.

Jason

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I have been playing the Maxfli BlackMax the last few cold rounds I played. I like it but not as much as the older A3 Solid. I really wish Maxfli stuck with balls a bit longer than they do. I really really liked the that ball.

Jason
Shows how much Maxfli Goes through Golf Balls. In my post I forgot all about the A3 Solid, which I played exclusively for 1 1/2 to 2 years. :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.