• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone planned a golf outing?

daddymack

Mar 27, 2005
I'm trying set one up and would like some advice. This is what I have so far. Hopefully someone could improve it and /or add to it.

I have a course and a few dates i'm looking at. They will provide hamburgers and hotdogs, chips etc. They are asking 30 bucks per person for 18 holes and a cart. Beers are 2,50, for $10 more per person they will sell for a 1.00 each. This is something that I'm putting on for work and not the company but I think I can get them to spring for the extra 10 bucks per. I think it's called a shotgun start. Thats where foursome start at different holes. We'll do that.

I guess some questions I have is:

Is that reasonable for a decent course?

It will probably be on a saturday, are mornings or afternoons best?

Should more be added to the event, door prizes etc?

Do I ask for more then $30 to cover price of said door prizes.

Thanks in advance

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I've never set one up myself, but I've played in a few. $30.00 is pretty cheap, I'd go higher and use that to buy door prizes such as balls, gloves, maybe try and get a local golf shop to sponsor it and get a few clubs?

That's a great price for a good course.

I prefer morning starts myself, not 07:00, but say 09:00 or there abouts.

Good luck !!!!! :D

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
United States United States
if its a work - employee outing, do it on a ....workday !
the bosses might not like it but, at least everyone can make it, and the $$ should be lower. you could start at 2 or 3 pm. a much better moral booster, since there is otherwise some for whom the weekend is for chores, kids, etc.

just my 02!

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
I have played in tournaments both on weekdays and weekends. You definetally want to charge more than 30 so that you can get some prizes for long drive, long putt, closest to pin etc. Depending on your company the weekday would be a great morale booster - any day on the course is better than one in the office. Good luck with planning your first golf outing. Let us know how it goes.

usa1950

Divots like a 72 Playboy
Jul 15, 2007
Have a long drive hole for both the men and the ladies. Same for closest to the pin.

You can "sell mulligans" for, say $2 each or three for $5 to help raise a little bit of money. Raise the price if you think you can. Most teams will buy a few, which will help with your bottom line. He11, if it's anything like the company scramble's I play in, people are liberal with the rules anyway, might as well get a few buck out of them... they are going to bend the rules anyway.

If you can, get one of the bosses to park his or her butt on a Par 3 hole, and as each group comes through, they play a hole with the boss. The boss goes back to the tee to play the same hole with the next group, and repeats all day. You can add to this by offering a prize (a sleeve of cheap balls) to any player who beats the bosses tee shot when they play with him or her. A closest to the pin deal.

Try to get the company to spring for the balls for this... you may need a few dozen, can get them relatively cheap online, and the company might like to buy some company logo balls for you to use as a prize even if they don't like the idea of the boss sitting on the same hole idea.

You could get the course to throw in a few prizes, hats, shirts, something with their logo on it.... or maybe give you a price break if you buy some prizes. Say buy two hats and they throw in one for free, but ask for Buy One Get One and see of you can get it.

Good luck!!

🔥 Latest posts