• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone remember the Shot Talk Online Golf League?

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
The wife brought some boxes out of storage and the CD with the web-app code was in it. I'd forgotten all about that. lol

I seem to remember it was US vs the Euros...?

OP
bdcrowe

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Probably close to the beginning.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I’ve been around awhile, with a little hiatus, maybe since 2006. I have zero recollection of this.

OP
bdcrowe

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
I’ve been around awhile, with a little hiatus, maybe since 2006. I have zero recollection of this.
I found the original thread. Looks like it was ~2005. I'm sure IG remembers.

It was THE US VS THE WORLD. Each player established a stableford quota, played golf, and logged their points plus/minus their quota. Each player's points helped/hurt the team. We set up a web-app to manage the league and scores. We also talked a lot of trash.

It was fun.

I seem to remember the rest of the world took their grievances out on the US when it came to the score.

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
It was worse than a landslide. I take it that you guys suffer for real sports over there, thus devote more time to your golf game. Cricket (fake baseball), soccer (fake football), Rugby (fake football).

The Scots may have invented golf, but the Irish cornered "Drinking and Driving"

guiness golf.jpg

🔥 Latest posts