• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone tried this hybrid shaft...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I had an NV 105 before. Great little hybrid shaft. Which Adams did you go with then? The Pro? I'm very interested in your thoughts about it.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I had an NV 105 before. Great little hybrid shaft. Which Adams did you go with then? The Pro? I'm very interested in your thoughts about it.

I actually went with the A2 in 20*. I hit it several times on the golf course and I think I have found the head for me. The NV 85 however is not for me, to tip stiff maybe-just didnt like the feel of it. I hit several shots from the rough that I would not have been able to hit with a long iron. I think thats really where it shines is the rough. Off the tee it was as long as my 4 wood (actually thinking of dumping the 4 wood and getting a 15* 3 wood now). The feel of the face was pretty good, not like the soft feel of a forged iron but as soft and great feeling as any FW wood on the market.

The 2 nicest things about the A2 is 1) price, I got mine for $51 shipped in 7/10 condition and 2) its hosel diameter is .370 which opens up a ton more options for shats, unlike most that are .355 taper or the cobras at .335.

bwalker19

CPGA Professional
Feb 18, 2008
The NV and the NVS are two totally different shafts.
The NV is the green one and plays fairly tip stiff with a mid kick. the NVS is a much softer tip with a much lower kick.

I have an FT 2H with an NV-85 that i really like and a Hogan CFT-Ti 2 with an NVS 85-S, way too whippy, ball sky rockets straight up.

Depends what you're looking for. If you want higher launch and more spin, then the NVS will be a good shaft for that.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
So I got an Adams A2 hybrid and am quite happy with it actually. The shaft on the other hand I think needs to go, just need something a little higher launching and softer landing. Was looking at this shaft here, the NVS- has anybody used it in a Hybrid or FW wood? Any thoughts would be great...

NEW ALDILA NVS 105 HYBRID S FLEX - MID LAUNCH .370 Tip - eBay (item 250223085296 end time May-05-08 15:58:26 PDT)

I think it would accomplish what you're looking for. It's tip soft and one of the few Aldila shafts I like (the VS Proto being the other). I also like the heavier weight. I wish I had seen this auction before I put together my Lynx hybrids -- I would have jumped on these NVS 105S shafts in a minute.

Hmmm, I may just have to get another set of the heads as they are pretty cheap. :laugh:

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I actually went with the A2 in 20*. I hit it several times on the golf course and I think I have found the head for me. The NV 85 however is not for me, to tip stiff maybe-just didnt like the feel of it. I hit several shots from the rough that I would not have been able to hit with a long iron. I think thats really where it shines is the rough. Off the tee it was as long as my 4 wood (actually thinking of dumping the 4 wood and getting a 15* 3 wood now). The feel of the face was pretty good, not like the soft feel of a forged iron but as soft and great feeling as any FW wood on the market.

The 2 nicest things about the A2 is 1) price, I got mine for $51 shipped in 7/10 condition and 2) its hosel diameter is .370 which opens up a ton more options for shats, unlike most that are .355 taper or the cobras at .335.

Wow, we think so alike. I was just looking at the A2. My understanding is that it is almost the same as the Pro, sitting and looking similar, just slightly more forgiving. Keep us informed!

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Wow, we think so alike. I was just looking at the A2. My understanding is that it is almost the same as the Pro, sitting and looking similar, just slightly more forgiving. Keep us informed!

From what I have read, the A2 is basically the same as the pro just a year or so older. There may be some slight differences but not enough to justify an extra $50. I will definitely keep you informed, this is the first hybrid I have tried that I am actually excited about...

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I think it would accomplish what you're looking for. It's tip soft and one of the few Aldila shafts I like (the VS Proto being the other). I also like the heavier weight. I wish I had seen this auction before I put together my Lynx hybrids -- I would have jumped on these NVS 105S shafts in a minute.

Hmmm, I may just have to get another set of the heads as they are pretty cheap. :laugh:

Yeah, I was shocked at the price. Then my next reaction was to check seller feedback and that was all good as well. Its just a good price on what seems to be an unpopular shaft.

Burg

Jul 17, 2007
I've had my A2 for a season now and I really like it. It's the first hybrid that I found that really inspires confidence.

I tried out several and the A2 was the best IMO.

Congrats on the purchase.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I've had my A2 for a season now and I really like it. It's the first hybrid that I found that really inspires confidence.

I tried out several and the A2 was the best IMO.

Congrats on the purchase.

Looking at your bag I would say you are good with the NV, I do like the head, just not a huge fan of the shaft. I agree, it was the first of about 5 that I tried that I honestly feel good about. This one and the Hogan CFT ti-which I had 2 of and got rid of both :confused:

🔥 Latest posts