• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone use a Nomad WRX wedge? or KZG

zaphod

Reaction score
I lost ---misplace my trusty Vokey 52* wedge.:shocked:

I've had it for 7 years. I'm in shock. The club along with my 60* Vokey are my tools around the green.

Anyway I now looking for a replacement. The obvious would be the same club. I am happy with Vokey's Spin milled products however a 52* wedge is not in their product line. Something with low bounce 6-8* fits my game.

The Nomad prototype looks interesting.
Nomad Tour prototype 52* WRX GTO Sq. Gr. Ported wedge - eBay (item 280227742500 end time May-22-08 07:39:00 PDT)

Also the Black Fog NOMAD Tour Proto BLACK FOG 53* WRX Sq. Gr. "GTO" wedge - eBay (item 280227743132 end time May-22-08 08:39:00 PDT)

KZG is been mentioned as an excellent club.

Any other suggestions?

Golfworks has a spin milled wedge that would fit the specs. Any experience here?

Wedges

Hello Zaphod

I have used a few different KZG wedges mainly with Rifle shafts and they are quite nice, along with Miura wedges which have a nice feel to them. However, I got a couple of Nakashima wedges from Rock and they are definitely a solid wedge and when I got familiar with them, it is like throwing darts at the pins and if you want some serious backspin on he ball, these wedges are awesome and produce great results. Good luck in your search for wedges you will feel comfortable with, as we all know golf is such a feel game.

The Nomad grinds are great and their work is first rate, I've had three off them

I had KZG wedges for a long time a really liked them. In the last two weeks I changed over to Mizuno MP-R wedges and really like them as well. As I hit the Mizzies more, I am growing to like them as much, if not more than my KZG's.

How about an Adams Puglielli 52/08, or a Maruman 52/07? These wedges are simply too much for me to handle. Pretty awesome sticks though.

I also have a Vokey SM 54 that's been bent to 52.

How about an Adams Puglielli 52/08, or a Maruman 52/07? These wedges are simply too much for me to handle. Pretty awesome sticks though.

I also have a Vokey SM 54 that's been bent to 52.
These 3, your sig wedges, some Pings...you, sir, are a wedge ho!

Yeah, why not get a SM 54* and then bend it to 52*??? __________________

Yes, I tried that. Have a 56* that i bent down. Not the same. Lie and loft and bounce fine but way too heavy. Is that the extra metal they put in back to make it a std sand wedge rather than a wedge??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520