• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone use a push cart- Clicgear, Sun Mountain, opinions, reviews

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
I am really close to pulling the trigger on a 3 wheel push cart. I played the last 2 days with a push cart and posted my best scores of the year. I felt 100% better coming down the stretch and played the last few holes better than usual. I have carried my bag for 31 years and am reluctant to use a push cart at age 41. Most of the guys at my club that use them are in their 60's. I know it helped my game the last 2 days and I felt better after the rounds also. Any opinions or experience out there.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I have used a Sun Mountain for the last 6 months, and I love it. I would not consider walking without it unless I had a caddie.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I use one, starting this year and it's been a total change for the good for me. I'm 47 and like you, I always carried my bag when I walked. A bad back kept me from walking as much as I'd like so I got a push cart this past winter.

I looked at Sun Mountain (the cadillac), Clic Gear (the whiz bang cart) and Bag Boy (the Sun Mountain wannabe). They all make nice carts but I couldn't see chunking down $150 to $200 for a cart. Call me cheap or maybe I just don't like paying a lot for a "name brand" so I'm always looking for reasonably priced, good quality gear.

I settled on this cart: eBay: NEW CRUISER 3 WHEEL PUSH PULL SPEED GOLF CART SILVER (item 130130702487 end time Jul-05-07 10:15:00 PDT)

I bought two, in fact. One for me and one for my best friend who's just starting to play. I'm almost embarrassed to say how little I paid for these carts -- about $60 each including shipping.

They are well built, the frames are comparable to the Sun Mountain or Bag Boy carts. They have a good bag support and straps and an adjustable angle handle like the name brand carts. I decided against inflatable wheels after pushing carts with and without them. I couldn't tell any difference pushing a loaded cart so decided for the solid wheels. In reality they are not that hard and made the same way as the Titleist pull cart I had that lasted for over 20 years. After playing with the cart about a half dozen times I've found that it rolls great. In all, for the money it's a damn nice cart and has made walking while I play fun again.

Here's a picture of my cart:

awww.webtoo.net_misc_100_0165sm.jpg

I say go for it and to heck with what anyone else thinks. If it makes golf more enjoyable for you that's all that matters.

OP
kwcsports

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
That cart looks great. I think I will end up with one soon. I am going to go look at a few tomorrow and decide. Thanks for the replies.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I'd always carried my bag too - played last round with a pull cart and shot my best score of the year - i wouldn't worry about how it looks, play what helps your score

a guy i play with uses a sun mountain cart, and the rest of us are usually jealous as he lets it run ahead down a hill while I huff it

please let us know which one you go with and what you think of it

lastly, if you get one, please make sure to get the hangy cup-holder :)

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
At my Doc's advice I went Push to save my back muscles (average 250+ rounds a year...80% of them walking).

Bought the Bag Boy for my wife and I...and they took up too much space in the trunk...traded them in and paid a few bucks more for the Sun Mountains and they're great! Love them!

Any push cart is better than pulling...the doc said pulling for me was actually worse than carrying.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I have last years model of this one. Very easy to use and half the price of the Sun Mountain. Doesn't have SMs braking system but I haven't really needed it.
bagboy.jpg

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I bought the same Sun Mountain that Hangfire posted, for my wife who walks in a 9 hole league. She loves hers and said it is effortless. I have never heard anything but good things about the Sun Mountain ever since they decided to put a brake on after the first year, and have known quite a few people that own them. Even the guy who had one without the brake said it was better than any other, although he did rig a brake on it himself once he saw they only used bike brakes.

edit 1 - Whatever you do, I personally think it would be a mistake to consider a pull cart as opposed to a Push model. We used to have those, and at the age of about 38 (when I started using a cart because of the course), I thought it was less strain on your body to simply carry the bag as opposed to a pull cart. I threw the pull carts away because we never saw using them again. My wife would simply use a golf cart, although has said she wished she had picked up one of the push carts back then

OP
kwcsports

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
Just got the Clicgear. It is AWESOME!!! Light as a feather and super small when folded. I practiced opening and closing it a few times and it is super easy. I liked the Sun Mountain but it was more money and heavier. It also doesn't fold up nearly as small. This is important to me because I just bought a new Toyota Yaris. This will fit in the back perfectly. I can't wait to get it on the course tomorrow. Here is a pic of it folded up.
P1010001.jpg
P1010002.jpg

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Excellent choice. And your back will thank you too. :D

OP
kwcsports

kwcsports

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2006
It's raining today so this attachment will come in handy. Very cool push cart, IMO.
P1010005.jpg

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.