• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone using TM R5 with Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 65

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
hey guys,
thinking about reshafting my R5 with the ProLaunch Blue 65. Anyone here try this combination?

My swing speed is only about 80mph, on the Golfsmith website, the recommended swing speed for this shaft is 85-95, do you think it will be ok?

Currently, I am hitting shots low with the stock stiff shaft on the R5, occasional high trajectory. Do you think the regular flex shaft will help?

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Hi:

I have an r7 with this same shaft in regular flex. I love it. My swingspeed is around 90 mph.

If your are hitting them low, this shaft will definitely help...and its reasonably priced.

OP
Johnny Par

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
awesome, thanks Bravo. I really wanted to try out the shaft but Goldsmith didn't have any.

And I agree on the price, very nice compared to some of the others shafts available, like Fujikura and Aldila.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I have this shaft in my 983K and it plays a little stiff since it is a bore-through but I love it. I don't think you can go wrong. Also you might find - as did I - that as your swing improves and your SS goes up this shaft will handle it with relative ease.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I bought a G5 with the ProLaunch Blue 65 and it was a great combo. Excellent shaft. Get the regular flex as it plays stiffer then normal. It's a low kick, high launch shaft. Very forgiving.

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
At 80 mph you definatly will hit the ball better with a regular flex. + I have that shaft in my Hi-Bore and its great.

OP
Johnny Par

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
thanks for all the suggestions. I just dropped of my driver at Golfsmith, going with the Graf ProLaunch 65R, standard length, with 3 layers of tape so the grip feels like midsize.

Will let you know how things turn out. :)

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
thanks for all the suggestions. I just dropped of my driver at Golfsmith, going with the Graf ProLaunch 65R, standard length, with 3 layers of tape so the grip feels like midsize.

Will let you know how things turn out. :)

I think you will like it and it does indeed play a bit stiffer than a regular R shaft. Extremely forgiving and workable.

You can get a great knockdown/stinger shot out of this shaft too...

OP
Johnny Par

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Took the driver out to the range tonight for the first time with the new shaft. It was awesome. The regular flex was definitely a better fit for me. Ball is now launching higher than before and i'm getting more distance.

Question though, When swinging, I can kinda hear a cracking sound, is this normal with a new shaft? I thought maybe the layers of grahite needed to break in since it was new.

Anyone else experience this? should I be worried?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Hmmm, where exactly is the sound coming from? It could be the epoxy cracking from a shoddy job on the shaft(which is an easy fix). It shouldn't be the shaft, and if it is, probably nothing to be worried about.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.