• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Anyone working out?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I really need to get back into it. My boss has a "cage" setup at work in the storage area. I did some incline bench presses and some squats. I only did 135, 205 and 135 again for squats but man I felt them. I've actually put on a about 10lbs. without working out in the last few months.

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
I've been neglecting myself by not working out lately. Lately, I've been making the excuse that going to the range and practicing the short game has been my workout. Usually four to five times a week for a minimum of three hours.

Yesterday I set up my Total Trainer in my bedroom. Worked out yesterday and today. I already feel better, not to mention not hurting as much as going to the gym after not working out for a while. I can really regulate the workout with this device and not over do it.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I hear you both on feeling better and the soreness. I'm going to pay for those squats tomorrow. I miss that feeling though. Just looking the mirror with that 200lbs. on my shoulders, taking past parallel and seeing the quads ready to rip out of my pants pushing it back up... It used to be addictive to me, I used to really love lifting.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Every day. I'm not one of those crazy gym-junkies(yuck) but I do squats, bike riding (Doc said running was tough on my knees), crunches, and some easy lifting every day.

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
I work out every day. I dont go crazy with weight, I do more reps for lean muscle. I actually do more core strength (pushups and situps) than outright weight lifting. I dont have a weight set, just a curling bar that I use for my arms.
Right now Im curling 80 pounds (3 sets of 15 reps).
During the summer months I also do a lot of cycling. I ride my mountain bike 45 minutes a day, every day and I alternate every other day between pushups/situps and arm curls/forearm builders (that thing you squeeze between your fingers and thumb).

monzter

Aug 7, 2008
I lift about 3-4 times a week now. My brother-in-law got me back into the gym after an 8 year layoff and I was at soft 260lbs. I'm at a "less soft" 235lbs now (goal is 215) but have put on a bit of muscle.

Was doing heavier training up until 6 months ago (squat 375lbs, bench 355lbs), but since I started playing golf have shifted to a lower weight higher rep workout with more emphasis on the "core" area lol

Anything to get a little more flexible and get those extra few yards :)

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
I do cardio daily....work with an ultra hot, big breasted blonde personal trainer twice a week....and do weights at home 2-3 more times a week.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Cardio and Abs/stretching 5 days a week. Lifting 3 days a week. Lost almost 40 pounds of fat and gained almost 10 pounds of muscle since August! Oh and 2 pants sizes! :)

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
I do cardio daily....work with an ultra hot, big breasted blonde personal trainer twice a week....and do weights at home 2-3 more times a week.
Youd think the trainer alone would be all the cardio you would need and if you play your cards right, she could be the weights you do at home. :thumbs up: Thats exactly the kind of, "weight lifting" we all could stand to do more of. ;)

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
Geez guys--what can't you twist?

Elliptical first thing every morning. Weight machines and situps at the gym every other day. No time for free weights any more.

I should do a lot more stretching/balancing/flexibility. Like that's gonna happen.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Sex is the best exercise there is. Unfortunately, I don't get any exercise. :shocked:

I hear your northern neighbor has some fluffy folks who could help with that.

That said, do we even have that many gym junkies here? Y'know, beside Ez.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I hear your northern neighbor has some fluffy folks who could help with that.

That said, do we even have that many gym junkies here? Y'know, beside Ez.
I have a fairly strict workout/diet that i havent been adhearing to due to some circumstances....

But i dont go to the gym...i have everything i need in the basement.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
In my former endurance sport days I would spend a ton of time in the gym during the off-season. I've been out of endurance sports since my daughter was born 4.5 years ago and initially I kept with the cardio and some weight stuff but have really slacked off in recent years.

With that being said, I've been inspired by my son (HS freshman) as he just finished up his first season of water polo. We still get up early together in the morning (he used to have to be at practice by 5:30a) so I decided that rather than get re-accustomed to a later wake up we should get accustom to spending some more quality time together. I'm in the process of creating a space in our garage where we can work out. We had picked up some foam flooring some time ago for an unrelated project and, just this week, I've picked up some dumbbells, a pull-up bar, a stability ball, and a medicine ball. I have a pretty good core strength training program that incorporates stretching and yoga so we'll be doing that. This should really help stabilize me on the course as well as build needed strength and flexibility for my son.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.