• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Appleton Wis Golf Expo

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Warbirdlover and I went to golf expo in Appleton Wis Saturday the 9th of Feb. Big fat disappointment. Overall it was a giant flop. All the vendors brought their old equipment from last year and they put little red tags on them, like they were special hot low prices. Ha. The prices were higher than retail for everything. All the courses represented had their sheets to fill out to win a free round of golf (most didn't include the cart)…………..also getting all your "contact" info which they will probably sell to all the telemarketers. There was more old clothing than anything, and it was OLD...………..shirt sale...…….$49. I wouldn't have taken it if they'd give it to me. There was one vendor there that had good prices …….I bought a dozen Taylor Made TP5 golf balls for $30. That's cheap. And Warbirdlover bought a nice new Titleist hat for $10. Same place. The rest sucked...……...but it was below zero so something to do other than hibernate on a Saturday.

OP
sssmokin

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
I have to say that they had good crowds of people there. And it looked like some suckers...……..er….golfers were buying lots of junk...……..er…………..equipment.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I've quit going to golf shows, I've also quit going to the deer and turkey shows in Madison.

At this point, it's nothing more than a ploy to get you to pay admission and parking to walk around and maybe buy lunch there too. Everything is overpriced especially considering you also paid to be there.

Members online

No members online now.