• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

AP's Doug Ferguson to Receive PGA's LIfetime Achievement Award in Journalism

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
Embed from Getty Images

By PGA of America

PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. — Doug Ferguson, whose three decades with the Associated Press have made him the most-read golf journalist and one of the game's most respected chroniclers of professional golfers, has been named the recipient of the 2019 PGA Lifetime Achievement Award in Journalism. Ferguson will be honored on April 11 at the ISPS HANDA 47th Golf Writers Association of America (GWAA) Annual Awards Dinner at Savannah Rapids Pavilion in Augusta, Georgia.

Ferguson, 55, is the 30th recipient of the PGA Lifetime Achievement Award in Journalism, which recognizes members of the media for their steadfast promotion of golf, both locally and nationally. His work, spanning more than 500 golf events, reaches more than 4,000 publications worldwide.

"I think it's one of the highest honors a golf writer could aspire to," said Ferguson of his capturing the award. "It's very meaningful. I love what I do. If I didn't love it, I couldn't have done what I have done this long and at that rate of workload. It's the nicest form of recognition I could get."

'@DougFerguson405 of The Associated Press will receive the 2019 @PGA Lifetime Achievement Award in Journalism. https://t.co/SvWgoQyCJj

— AP Sports (@AP_Sports) January 15, 2019

Source: AP's Doug Ferguson to Receive PGA's LIfetime Achievement Award in Journalism

🔥 Latest posts