• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Are Ladies Driver Heads Different Than Mens Driver Heads?

1967GTA

I Love Cindy Mancini
Dec 23, 2009
Just wondering if a womans driver head is different (lighter) than a mans driver head? Im thinking about buying a Callaway FT-i head and shaft it with a womens flex shaft for my mom. But I need to know if the womens heads are different. Thanks!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Depends entirely on the manufacture. Some have slightly less weight but most do not. I think with TM is merely different color combos & of course usually the loft is higher. I believe my wifes is something like 12.5º.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Depends entirely on the manufacture. Some have slightly less weight but most do not. I think with TM is merely different color combos & of course usually the loft is higher. I believe my wifes is something like 12.5º.

Yep, what Wi said. I understand the difference is different color combos & higher loft. I seem to recall an interview of Matthew Goggin 12 months ago in which he admitted to liking higher lofted drivers, so he went to the TM tour van & had a ladies driver head fitted to his shaft.

OP
1967GTA

1967GTA

I Love Cindy Mancini
Dec 23, 2009
cool, thanks for the response guys. im gonna get my mom a brand new FT-i head and find a good ladies shaft to fit it with. i knew the ladies ft-i heads were colored different, i just didnt know if they weighed less, or what? thanks!

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online