• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Are more pros wearing skirts and skorts?

packwood

Sep 24, 2008
Have been watching the LPGA on and off again this week and it seems to me that more slacks, skirts and skorts are being worn. I like this look better than the hot pants type shorts that some wear or the stuff that's two sizes too small.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Sizes that are too small are never bad on the ladies!

I still hate skorts though.

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
I like those skirt dress type tennis outfits that Paula wears. seems like her skirts are getting shorter too. I hate those long shorts Lorena wears. they look awkward.

lilhellmaker17

Aug 19, 2007
Sizes that are too small are never bad on the ladies!

I still hate skorts though.

So you're saying that sizes too small are good on ladies? you should be meaning most ladies. Example - Christina Kim in sizes too small = NASTY

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Is this a skort??? If so, what is wrong with that?

creamer_07lpga_14.jpg

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Its all tease, you don't actually get any of the goods!

Besides the legs, yay!

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
I'm going to play devil's advocate here. One thing I'm guessing Claire would say is, "Its not very traditional is it." Annika's clothing is mostly traditional, long slacks and a golf polo shirt.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm a DJ in a topless bar, I tend to like women in skimpy clothing.

But let's turn it around and post a pic of just some Joe Shmoe on a course wearing jeans and say, a baseball jersey.

I think many people would change their point of view and say they wouldn't be caught dead on a golf course in jeans.

Point is, men want to see women in short skort/skirt things, we don't care if its traditional or not. If a chick's hot, she should show it off??? Maybe. But for men to sway from the traditional norm would be a complete atrocity.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'm going to play devil's advocate here. One thing I'm guessing Claire would say is, "Its not very traditional is it." Annika's clothing is mostly traditional, long slacks and a golf polo shirt.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm a DJ in a topless bar, I tend to like women in skimpy clothing.

But let's turn it around and post a pic of just some Joe Shmoe on a course wearing jeans and say, a baseball jersey.

I think many people would change their point of view and say they wouldn't be caught dead on a golf course in jeans.

Point is, men want to see women in short skort/skirt things, we don't care if its traditional or not. If a chick's hot, she should show it off??? Maybe. But for men to sway from the traditional norm would be a complete atrocity.

Actually I find myself out on the course in jeans a lot. Why?

I usually prefer wearing slacks, but its to turn my nose up at some people. :D Nothing like wearing a concert Korn shirt, jeans, and a Steelers hat(as in, yesterday) and shooting 71. :D

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
When the temps start to dip I wear jeans on the course, regular golf pants allow the wind to blast right thru.

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
I'm restricted with a rule saying my outseam has to be 19 inches. So I wear mostly bermudas and capris, but I like them form fitting. I like Lorena in berumudas. Annika is in great shape, but her clothes always seem to make her look square. Those polo shirts should be tucked in--at least before the swing.

PureStroke

Oct 10, 2008
IMO.....Wearing jeans on any golf course is very trashy. It shows lack of respect for you and your playing partners. Jeans are okay if your going to a rodeo, or out for lunch. Maan even shorts can be a no no if you have bad legs or no tan. Just slacks or rain pants for me

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
Actually I find myself out on the course in jeans a lot. Why?

I usually prefer wearing slacks, but its to turn my nose up at some people. :D Nothing like wearing a concert Korn shirt, jeans, and a Steelers hat(as in, yesterday) and shooting 71. :D

Personally, I'm the same way. I don't think it really matters what you wear. But as you can see from the post above mine, some people really scoff at jeans on a golf course.

There's a huge 7 pg. thread over on WRX about this very subject. . .You wouldn't believe some of the responses about people wearing jeans on a golf course.

🔥 Latest posts