• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Are more pros wearing skirts and skorts?

ClairefromClare

Like my balls?
Jul 23, 2008
We'll make a deal with you Claire, you come to Tn. next month in a skirt, and we'll wear Kilts, commando, :laugh:

Then you'll know how happy we are to see ya, :wow:

Ya know how much I want to (and gee, you just made it ever so much more enticing). Assuming there's still an economy by then, we'll be much further south than that. :beach3:

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I really do not care what folks wear on the golf course. Everyone has there own sense of style and as long as they adhere to the dress code of the facility, whats the big deal? The game is about putting a round ball in a round hole, what your wearing will not make you a better or worse golfer.

On the same note, I do not mind if a course chooses to have a dress code or not. As long as its posted and is effective for everyone, if a facility wants folks to have a minimum standard that is there choice. The golfer can choose to play there and follow the rules or choose to play somewhere else.

Most places I play are collared shirt places and the policy on jeans varies by course. One course I played in Indiana apparently was a shirt optional facility. We saw several fourseomes playing in cut offs with their tank tops tied to their golf bags. McDonald's has a stiffer dress code than that place. :laugh:

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
How's this?
meep.jpg

twogreen

Aug 7, 2006
I think one's choice of attire should be dictated by common sense and good taste. Dress codes everywhere (not just golf courses) have been shifting toward the casual side for years. Nevertheless, there are some courses where I wouldn't even consider showing up in jeans...just as there are some restaurants where jeans wouldn't be appropriate.

I have no problem with others wearing jeans on the course...as long as there aren't holes in the knees and strings hanging from the hems.

I don't play in jeans for a couple of reasons. The pockets are too tight and it is bothersome trying to dig out tees and a second ball when needed. Secondly, the comfort factor of jeans goes way down when the temperature is 95-100* with Georgia humidity.

gingerista

Jul 15, 2011
I like at least a minimum dress code. I don't think jeans are appropriate for the golf course, nor are t-shirts. Very often, if peple have to dress better, they behave better- not always, but more often.

From my end, if I'm wearing a short skort or shorts higher than mid thigh, I bring something else as back up. I'd hate to be turned away, but I haven't had any complaints yet.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I like at least a minimum dress code. I don't think jeans are appropriate for the golf course, nor are t-shirts. Very often, if peple have to dress better, they behave better- not always, but more often.

I am in complete agreement. Over the years, the guys in the wife-beater shirts and jeans are much more likely to be the loud, boistrous, rude players. More and more courses, however, are minimizing their dress codes in an effort to just book rounds. This difficult economic clime has been tough on many, many courses.
Our course is a public venue. For years, you would never catch me on the course in anything but khaki slacks and polo shirt. Today... especially in this colder weather... I wear jeans. (And, if you ask the guys in our regular group, I'm one of the most rude imbiciles on the course!!) :>)
As far as the ladies, I believe they should wear "golf appropriate" clothing. Skorts or shorts are fine... if they are modest and the person's physique is fitting. What I do not think appropriate are skorts or shorts on those who would be regularly seen on peopleofwalmart.com Both ladies and men, if using courtesy and common sense, will get along just fine.

Members online

No members online now.