• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Are we good now?

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
All issues should now be a thing of the past.

If not, then I give up. I have doen absolutely everything I can do. There are no more options.

If there are any more issues do a ctrl+F5 before reporting them.

additionally, due to the upgrade, some elements are missing but I will be working on them a little at a time....never fear.

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
I keep getting weird little messages like this...

"<td class="alt1" id="td_title_2663" title="Hi, I hope that this is Ok to post this in here? Just to quick message to let you know that if you are a golfer who also owns a Pocket PC and a GPS receiver (Bluetooth, CF"

they seem to appear at random and dont affect anything...and it's sometimes amusing - just letting you know...

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
I'm doing some sniffing around, and found this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20920

You mentioned elsewhere about your server admin doing something with the gzip. In that thread I found, it was stated that you can comment out using gzip, or you can enable us users to turn off gzip in the our control panels. If that's possible, letting us users turn it off in our control panels, it could be a good test.

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum83/547.htm

Okay, this is starting to make some sense for me. Gzip is a module that allows the server to zip up a file, then IE and Firefox have the ability to unzip the file. The file compression helps to reduce the amount of bandwidth being used, but there could be problems. Somewhere in the transaction, the file gets compressed and delivered, and needed information is lost, that's why we see code getting displayed, and parts of the code disappearing. Maybe the gzip on the server isn't zipping properly, or everyone's browsers, those of us who have troubles, aren't unzipping it properly.

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
I'm currently performing my own test, by hacking the Firefox about:config file. There's a line in there which I think can be changed to turn off Firefox requesting and accepting gzipped files:

Preference Name/ Status/ Type/ Value
network.http.accept-encoding/ default/ string/ gzip, deflate

is the default status. I've blanked out the value.

So far, no problems loading this site.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Yes, later this morning I'm having alot of difficulties. This morning it was ok (post cookie clearing and temp internet files deletion).

But as of late, I get hung pages where it won't load without 5 or 6 refreshes. In either FF or IE. And I re-installed FF, just to make sure I had the most recent and updated versions...

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
First time in a long time for me that it seems to be working flawlessly

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Slingblade61 said:
Thank fecking God.

LOL...i appreciate the efforts, Sling.

Hey, if you're not busy anymore, can you maybe spruce up the moderator tool pages?:biglol:

R35

🔥 Latest posts