• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Are you kidding me???

dukejh12

May 19, 2007
So I decided to take my little brother out today for a quick nine at a municipal course. he's 12 and still learning the game. We get on a par 3 165 yds. and his tee shot goes short and around the woods. I told him to try again because the people behind us were just teeing off on the previous hole. So he hits a good one and we move on. As we are walking the people get up to tee and we go look for my bro's first ball. We look around a little and find it. He goes over to his ball to chip and I am looking back at the people, and this ladie is teeing off? In the air heading straight for my brother and I am the one yelling fore, not them. Missed him about 5 feet to the left. I was speechless.. I didn't really know what to do. I wanted to take her ball and through it in the water hazard but I didnt. I really didnt even do anything. Lets just say we took our time the rest of the day though...

I can't believe the lack of courtesy on the cheap nine hole courses compared to the better courses its just unbelievable. I don't know if these people have a hatred for kids or if they were the most impatient people in the world but I can't believe she teed off and we hadn't even putted yet.

What do you guys think? What would you have done??

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
I would of just waited for her to come up and asked her politly what she was doing, I doubt she would of done anything because you had a 12 yr old with you.
If she had apologised then she would of learnt a lesson and your brother would of understood that she didnt do it deliberatly.
If she didnt apologise then I would of reported her to the club house.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
If it happened only once, just ignore it.

More, make a point to them.

Glenn70

Aug 15, 2005
Wow, you guys are too nice....or I'm too angry. She teed off on a par 3 when you hadn't putted out yet? There is no excuse for that. She could have killed you or your brother. I would have threw her ball in the woods/water, whichever was closer, then berated her. And by the way, it doesn't just happen on cheap 9 hole courses...I've been to plenty of courses in the NY/NJ area that are quality Championship courses where people have no regard for rules/etiquette, or your safety.

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Wow, you guys are too nice....or I'm too angry. She teed off on a par 3 when you hadn't putted out yet? There is no excuse for that. She could have killed you or your brother. I would have threw her ball in the woods/water, whichever was closer, then berated her. And by the way, it doesn't just happen on cheap 9 hole courses...I've been to plenty of courses in the NY/NJ area that are quality Championship courses where people have no regard for rules/etiquette, or your safety.

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now.

If you lived 20 miles south you might have pulled a "Bernard Goetz" and blasted the beeyotch.:laugh:

OP
dukejh12

dukejh12

May 19, 2007
lol i defenitly thought i was being nice when this happened

Jun 24, 2006
Ohh my, this reminds me of a situation I was involved in not to long ago.

Me and a friend JUST teed off the 10th tee and we were walking off the tee and we were just about to step on the fairway when all the sudden we hear these two lasies that were waiting behind us tee off. We turn around and sure enough one of them is in mis follow through. And were less than 50 yards away from them. Next thing I know her ball is landing right beside me.

The two of us look at each other with expressions I cant describe. Were both confused. I dont think I ever laughed so hard on a golf course as I did at that moment. I just couldent put it together. The only thing I could think of was maybe she thought she could only hit the ball 30 yards and woulden't hit into us:).

We walk a little further and POP, the other one tees off and she lands beside us too. Again we just laugh and continue. They must have been confused..maybe they though the 10th and 1st tee had different fairways(9 hole course).

We diden't say anyting to them since it was clearly a mis understanding.

And they were both golfers because I her one yapping while I was hitting about not having an extra glove.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Below is a diagram..us walking is the black line on the right and the ladies teeing off is the pink line.
WOMEN.jpg

Shea_Butler

Aug 31, 2006
i woulda done the same thing as glenn said. someone actually hit me in the thigh when i was addressing my ball, talk about one in a thousand that it hit me let alone not seriously injuring me, didnt hear a fore or nething, just D!ckheads. I took my three wood and hit it about twoseventy the other way (about thirty yards to the right of them) into the heather :) needless to say i was pissed off :real angry::hunter:

Glenn70

Aug 15, 2005
If you lived 20 miles south you might have pulled a "Bernard Goetz" and blasted the beeyotch.:laugh:

That's funny you mention that...I was just watching something on History Channel the other night and they were talking about Bernie.

Darn good thing I don't own gun. Between slow play and ignorant golfers...I'd be needing a lot of bullets!

:hunter:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I had it happen in a fairway. I took out my 5iron, hit it back at them and threated them. If it was me I'd have a called her an stupid f-ing old whore (that being toned down for the little bro... alone I break out the big C word lol) in front of whoever and tossed her ball in the hazard for sure.
icon10.gif
I need to see a shrink soon I think. lol.

OP
dukejh12

dukejh12

May 19, 2007
hahaha my little brother was thinking about what my grandpa would have done(worlds grumpiest golfer). We concluded he would have done something near the lines of what ez said :laugh:

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I would have taken the time to point out to her why Women have small feet. "It's so you can stand closer to the sink when your washing up & closer to the cooker when your cooking food, now get off the f*cking golf course"!!!! :)

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
It's got to be the heat: there's a lot of anger here today. :)

Another reason why I don't like to play when the temp is above 90*F.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Lots of these kinds of things on the board lately... If I was grossly wronged in such a way as this, I would be confrontational. If I make the bitch cry, it's her damn fault. I don't go around harassing old women (generally) for no good reason. If someone, anyone, hit a ball from THAT distance especially, to within five feet of me, I would've taken out my sharpie, written "F*** YOU" on the ball, and hit it back to them.

🔥 Latest posts