• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Arizona trip and Golf!!!!

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Yo!!!! I had a business meeting in Phoenix so I took the opportunity to go golfing at several courses. Also saw the big hole in the ground--The Grand Canyon. Visited a copper mine and a Titan II missile silo.

Gold Canyon-- The Dinosaur in Mesa
Lookout Mountain---Phoenix
Canoa Ridge----Green Valley

The first 2 pics are the Grand Canyon. My wife Monica and next is a picture making sure you all can spot the Canyon
arizona 2008 024.jpg
arizona 2008 051.jpg

OP
zaphod

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
A challenging tee shot at the Dinosaur. It was a great course. Fastest greens I've played but true putting. $174 regular price and $114 twilight. I got one of the two slots for twilight in which you could finish 18 before dark.:laugh:
arizona 2008 070.jpg

OP
zaphod

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
A 236 yard par 3 at Dinosaur. Played 2 balls as I was the only golfer in my group. My wife and me. Missed both birds so walked away with pars. Still very happy with result:)
arizona 2008 082.jpg
arizona 2008 085.jpg

OP
zaphod

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Since I could not get any birdies I tried for a bunny.:) There were rabbits on all the holes of all the courses I played. I supposed the rough needs to be trimmed somehow.
arizona 2008 127.jpg

OP
zaphod

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
And finally the RED BUTTON which starts World War III. No they did NOT let me sit at the controls. The man in charge looked at me and solemnly shook his head no!!!! That was a neat tour.
arizona 2008 143.jpg

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
In the first pic at the Dinosaur, I bet I could bounce one off the roof of the house on the right. On the Par 3, was there any wind? What did you hit off the tee to put two on the green? Nice pics. Those legs are pretty darn "white", especially after Jamaica..........LOL. :laugh:

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
In the first pic at the Dinosaur, I bet I could bounce one off the roof of the house on the right. On the Par 3, was there any wind? What did you hit off the tee to put two on the green? Nice pics. Those legs are pretty darn "white", especially after Jamaica..........LOL. :laugh:

hmm, I thought he was wearing pants... :laugh:

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Looks cold at the Canyon. What were the temps when playing? And I'm extremely jealous.... :)

I'm betting zaphod used the Nickent hybrid on those two shots on the green.... :)

OP
zaphod

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Yep,My legs are white. The cart girl commented on this fact as I finished that hole. I get no respect. Used my 18* hybrid on one shot and and stepped on a 22* hybrid for second. Not much wind at all. Weather was mid 60's but felt warmer with the sunshine. Course is located in Mesa east of Phoenix proper.

Did not get sunburned in Jamaica. Limited my rum intake (150 proof) so I tried not to get too foolish. Did golf in Jamaica. Greens fees free for those staying at the Breezes at Runaway Bay.(by Ocho Rios). Had to take caddy along which was $16 fee plus a $20 tip at end of round. Course would have run about $40-$50 walking here in Wisconsin. Good but flat and nothing dramatic. Caddies would point out break on putts but I learned to ignore some of them as the ball does not break uphill. I would just acknowledge them and do my own thing. I did get a caddy for the final round who had a legit 2 hcp. He and I played both the round. ANYWAY Red Stripe beer is very credible.:)
At the Jamaican course the wedding party men played a pre-wedding scramble. Eric (my son) drove the 335 yard par 4 pin high. Easy eagle putt!!!! OH to be young again.:)

OP
zaphod

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Thanks gentlemen, Wish I was there -8* WITHOUT the wind chill today!!!!!

Smokinn, on that first pic I drew the ball with the contour of the fairway for easy approach and a par. Look at my set up. If that ball doesn't move left the house IS in danger. About 230-240 out. Why do people build houses in harm's way???

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
I thought it(the house) looked like it was "in range".............LOL. That was an impressive tee shot with the 22º hybrid. I'd need my 3 wood I'm sure. :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.