• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Arlandastad Golf Roserberg, Sweden (Stockholm) Masters Course

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Arlandastad Golf
We just got back from a trip to Stockholm and Oslo and while out there my wifes boss set us up for a free round on the Course where they play the Scandinavian Masters, 2008 SAS Masters and some of the Scandanavian Opens. This was my first round ever overseas so I really don't know what to compare it too, but it made for a great day. Unfortunately for both the rounds we played while out there, there was a chance of rain so I could not take my camera on the course.

I played off the next from the tips and my playing partner, who plays off a 5 played off the Champion Tees. While I am not terribly long and the tees from which I played where certainly a little longer than what I am used to up here on Mountain courses, Neither of us found the course terribly intimidating, and some of the Par 4's and 5's seemed downright short for that caliber of course. Where others were certainly out of my realm in distance. I guess though, they have a 267 par 4 on the US Open, so I guess it would appear much more difficult in Tournament conditions.

Kinda interesting in Stockholm and Oslo, while Oslo is the most expensive city in the world and Stockholm is not far behind and you find yourself just bombarded when paying $5 for a soda or water and $15-20 for a Beer or mixed drink, and about $10-20 for a fast food meal anywhere in the cities, the golf is relatively cheap. While we played for free, it is amazing with the pricing structures in the cities you can play a Masters course for just over $100. Repeat, this would be like being able to play Augusta for about the same price or cheaper than what you would pay for a case of soda and less than a case of beer. I guess this may be in part that it is a considered a privilege to play golf and you need to take classes or get a card. Where coming from the US, you only need to show your USGA handicap card.

Again, I really don't know what to compare this to outside of saying that it was better than any Links course I have played in the US, which should probably come as no surprise. Further, in comparison to the pricing structures in the cities, it is just downright cheap. Kinda interesting that I found the greens to be terribly slow to terribly slow in comparison to the courses I regularly play. The course itself was not terribly difficult or what you possibly could expect.

Here is the other we played in Oslo:
http://www.shottalk.com/forum/golf-...utside-oslo-norway-site-2007-sas-masters.html

🔥 Latest posts

Members online