• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Arrgh... Superquad cracking

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I'm sorry Ez. It sounds like you've got some good ideas outlined in the member's forum though. :)

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Get the R9, and I'll send you a TBTP with a Diamana in it, and some cashola. Or I'll get ya a SQTP, the one with the black face.

However.. make sure you get the R9 with the Fubuki in it.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
sorry to hear that ez. do you need me to take your driver for you?

Thanks for the offer man but it's from 3-6pm. I'm going to talk to the pro today or tomorrow. That old guy Tony. He's a really nice guy. I'll bet he'll say to leave it with him. I took the weight out and looked at it. The crack is into the inside of the weight port. It closed right up with the weight out. I have a feeling that it started to crack and me tightening it up so much when it was loose made it worse.

Really, what I'd like to do eventually, is get something for it, R9 or whatever. I'd like to get the shaft back and maybe even the weights. Whatever they give me, I'll probably sell and get another SQTP or an R7425TP and put the Speeder in. 425TP is probably best as I loved the QuadTP but a little unforgiving, love the SQTP but the head is just a little too big. I feel like I can square up a smaller head at impact better and that's my main issue. Rarely do I hit a shot outside of center, just the face is closed or open at impact. Actually, it's probably more a swingpath issue as I have a tendency to block or pull a shot. I don't think a shut or open face really matters for me all that much. I miss 50/50 either way so who's to say which corrective face angle would help.

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
Thanks for the offer man but it's from 3-6pm. I'm going to talk to the pro today or tomorrow. That old guy Tony. He's a really nice guy. I'll bet he'll say to leave it with him. I took the weight out and looked at it. The crack is into the inside of the weight port. It closed right up with the weight out. I have a feeling that it started to crack and me tightening it up so much when it was loose made it worse.

Really, what I'd like to do eventually, is get something for it, R9 or whatever. I'd like to get the shaft back and maybe even the weights. Whatever they give me, I'll probably sell and get another SQTP or an R7425TP and put the Speeder in. 425TP is probably best as I loved the QuadTP but a little unforgiving, love the SQTP but the head is just a little too big. I feel like I can square up a smaller head at impact better and that's my main issue. Rarely do I hit a shot outside of center, just the face is closed or open at impact. Actually, it's probably more a swingpath issue as I have a tendency to block or pull a shot. I don't think a shut or open face really matters for me all that much. I miss 50/50 either way so who's to say which corrective face angle would help.

i know what you mean. i'm also thinking about selling my 460cc, not worth it. i'm killing my j33p right now and i'll be playing that. i don't hit too far off of the sweet spot so i don't need to 460cc, it just makes the club harder to sqaure off w/o manipulating my swing.

let me know how it goes..

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
i know what you mean. i'm also thinking about selling my 460cc, not worth it. i'm killing my j33p right now and i'll be playing that. i don't hit too far off of the sweet spot so i don't need to 460cc, it just makes the club harder to sqaure off w/o manipulating my swing.

let me know how it goes..

Now I got bigger problems than the Superquad. Car is dead again. Hopefully fixable or Scotty will be going up scale and the private membership will be getting cancelled.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.