• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

As usual!

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Neither do you.
That was a Tiger Slam, right there.
tiger_slam_1920_trophies_jacket.jpg

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Oh yes the almighty dollar! Well if sex sells he’s your man!
Sometimes I think the golf industry the manufacturers advertisers and pro’s are ruining the game of golf! Same as the manufacturers and pros ruined bass fishing!

the manufacturers are pimps!
The pros their whores!
And working man foots the bill!

and I am a working man, so I know!
500 bucks for a driver, maybe you boys who play at daddy’s country club all summer can afford it! Or daddy can buy it for you! These cupcakes never worked a job or a day in their entire life!

how dare you? A pro has an attitude! No! I thought they were perfect! But that’s just my opinion!
Saying "But that's just my opinion!" doesn't mean you aren't coming across as an ass.

You need to chill out a little if you want to stick around.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Oh yes the almighty dollar! Well if sex sells he’s your man!
Sometimes I think the golf industry the manufacturers advertisers and pro’s are ruining the game of golf! Same as the manufacturers and pros ruined bass fishing!

the manufacturers are pimps!
The pros their whores!
And working man foots the bill!

and I am a working man, so I know!
500 bucks for a driver, maybe you boys who play at daddy’s country club all summer can afford it! Or daddy can buy it for you! These cupcakes never worked a job or a day in their entire life!

how dare you? A pro has an attitude! No! I thought they were perfect! But that’s just my opinion!

Having been on this board for awhile I think I can confidently say that none of us are “cupcakes” or hanging out at daddy’s country clubs and I dare say we are all or were at one point a “working man”-So we know too. And I also dare say we have all long past the point that “daddy” buys anything for us “boys”.

I’m not even sure what point you are trying to make either. Mfg’s sell equipment, golfers buy equipment because they see pros play it. Tiger is still the #1 draw in golf. Nobody is tellling you that you have to buy a $500 driver, you can get a used one for less than 1/5 of that cost.

It’s ok you don’t like Tiger, nobody is asking you to. I don’t personally think what he did was ok in HIS personal life. But it is HIS personal life and I don’t take my cues on how to live my life from anybody in the public eye and teach my daughter to do the same.

OP
E

ernesttbass

Banned
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
Country
Guess who’s pic is on pga live?

dj 11 under or scheffler 12 under in one day oh no! It’s Himself!

the golden calf of golf! I think the call that idolatry, slightly frowned upon!

that’s justice for ya!

no nothing about you guys, the snowflakes and cupcakes are the pros like speith! Preppies! Countryclubbers! Never worked a day in his life!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
no nothing about you guys, the snowflakes and cupcakes are the pros like speith! Preppies! Countryclubbers! Never worked a day in his life!

The pros we see on tv DO work. Hundreds of balls hit each day. Lessons from their teaching pro. Weight training. Strength training. Most are at work hours upon hours each and every day. Even on tourney days, they are there early hitting balls and practice putting. Most have followed a strict schedule of practice and training from a very early age. You do NOT stay at the top of this game by not working... by being a "snowflake" or "cupcake". If you are not working you are not going to card four rounds in the 60's on consecutive days... which is what it takes to be a success. Evidently, those who are at the top of the NFL, MLB, NBA, etc. are all "cupcakes" who don't work. I would dare anyone to follow them through their daily routine and, if you actually are still with them at day's end... call them a cupcake.
I am not a fan of Woods. However, I do understand the positives he has brought to the Game I love. And, I am fully cognizant of his taking this Game from players spending their time in bars and gambling dens to players having to spend their time in weight rooms, in front of personal trainers, and working to hone their games every waking moment.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Guess who’s pic is on pga live?

dj 11 under or scheffler 12 under in one day oh no! It’s Himself!

the golden calf of golf! I think the call that idolatry, slightly frowned upon!

that’s justice for ya!

Do you think someone as talented and wealthy as Spieth really cares about opinions like yours? And do you realize that he probably wouldn't speak of you the way you speak of him? It's this thing called class...Google it. You might learn something.

OP
E

ernesttbass

Banned
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
Country
High class drives a Cadillac suv with his name on the plate

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
When the question "What does it mean to have 'class'?" was asked on Quora, in my book this is the best answer.

It means to be a gentleman or a lady the old-fashioned way: a respectful, considerate, elegant, discreet, well-mannered, cultured, civilized, witty, funny, faithful, and kind gentleman or lady. To have class is to be gloriously beautiful, both inside and outside.

To me, "class" has nothing to do with wealth or material goods... unless you live in a caste system. "Class" is as described above... integrity, honor, respect.....

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
When the question "What does it mean to have 'class'?" was asked on Quora, in my book this is the best answer.

It means to be a gentleman or a lady the old-fashioned way: a respectful, considerate, elegant, discreet, well-mannered, cultured, civilized, witty, funny, faithful, and kind gentleman or lady. To have class is to be gloriously beautiful, both inside and outside.

To me, "class" has nothing to do with wealth or material goods... unless you live in a caste system. "Class" is as described above... integrity, honor, respect.....
That's me in a nutshell man. I've got class coming out of my ass.

Last edited:
OP
E

ernesttbass

Banned
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
Country
I would rather have a beer!

the northern trust suspended I was busy for a bit and came back and they were showing a tournament from the past with huge gallery of people that was weird!

OP
E

ernesttbass

Banned
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
Country
Golfers are superstitious!

tap the ball on the ball marker?

tap the putter next to the hole after picking up your ball?

I don’t have any myself, what about you guys?

Oust made a great die at the hole putt, fell in from the side! Sweet!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.