• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

At least a thousand shots, now a thousand posts

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
Yeah, here it is, a silly milestone post, #1000.

Anyhow, I'm glad I found this place as along the way I've learned a few things from here, and in the absence of having someone for playing with and feedback in my day-to-day life, these boards have given me a place to bounce out ideas and get feedback, as well as share in some fashion milestone moments like breaking 90, and hopefully fairly soon the time I break 80.

Although that might change for the better some as it has turned out that the friend who got me golfing again about a year ago has returned to this area. The cirumstances of his return aren't the happiest ones, but if what happens, happens, then try to make the best of it, and I do look forward to playing golf with him again.

So I hope everyone here continues to enjoy this game, and that we all get better bit by bit, and that we all continue to learn things both golf and otherwise from one another.

-RBB

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
United States United States
Cheers!

I enjoy this forum too. Greatly. Ive only been here for maybe a week.. maybe less, but I think the people here are very cool. Funny too. It's a good community. I cant wait to get my clubs this weekend so I can start playing again (Ive been on a too-busy-to-golf lifestyle for about 8 or so months.. :(). Then Ill be able to post about my rounds.. my bad shots, my good shots, and everything in between. :D

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
RBB:

Thanks for your post and I still maintain you have the finest and most creative Screen Name I have ever seen....mine is positively dull in comparison...

OP

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
I can't take any credit for the creativity of the screen name. I borrowed it from Douglas Adams and The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy, and I'd agree that he was a creative fellow.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Ravenous Bugblatter Beast said:
I can't take any credit for the creativity of the screen name. I borrowed it from Douglas Adams and The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy, and I'd agree that he was a creative fellow.

What's the book about??

OP

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
Bravo said:
What's the book about??
It's about a guy who doesn't like Thursdays, and it turns out his friend is actually from a small planet in the vicinity of Betelgeuse, and it seems that the ultimate answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything is 42.

But what was the question becomes the big thing.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
It's about a guy who doesn't like Thursdays, and it turns out his friend is actually from a small planet in the vicinity of Betelgeuse, and it seems that the ultimate answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything is 42.

Sounds like a blend of Gene Roddenberry, Hunter Thompson and Ray Bradbury...

BoarderDave

SoCal Golfer
Aug 24, 2006
Torrance, CA
Country
United States United States

Wow.. am I the only one confused by that? :confused:

I guess I dont read enough.. :(

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Bravo said:
Sounds like a blend of Gene Roddenberry, Hunter Thompson and Ray Bradbury...

Yeah if you mix in a little Monty Python and Dave Barry.:)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.