• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

at what point could you give lessons for higher

Nope. Just a job like any other. You're not claiming you are a pro or a teaching professional. Just a guy who gives golf lessons.

Just put up a sign that says

"golf lessons available by reservation. Full swing or short game. 20 years experience. Satisfaction guaranteed. Half hour for $35, full hour for $50."

$50 an hour to hang out at the range aint bad money.
Might want to check with the range owners first though...might not take to kindly to someone making money on their property without them getting a cut.

Nope. Just a job like any other. You're not claiming you are a pro or a teaching professional. Just a guy who gives golf lessons.

Just put up a sign that says

"golf lessons available by reservation. Full swing or short game. 20 years experience. Satisfaction guaranteed. Half hour for $35, full hour for $50."

$50 an hour to hang out at the range aint bad money.

I disagree: giving golf lessons for money is the very definition of a teaching pro.

5-1. General

Except as provided in the Rules, an amateur golfer must not receive payment or compensation, directly or indirectly, for giving instruction in playing golf.

5-1/1 Coaching at Golf Center Free of Charge
blueDot.gif

Q. An amateur golfer gives a series of basic lessons in playing golf at a golf center. He is not an employee of the center and he does not receive any payment or compensation. Is he in breach of Rule 5-1?
A. No. He is not in breach of Rule 5-1 because he has not accepted any payment or compensation, either directly or indirectly, from anyone for giving golf instruction at the golf center.

handicappers? At a 5 handi what would be a canidate for giving lessons. I have some friends that are 15 and i usually just give them pointers and they usually notice a change withing the first couple swings. I am just thinking about giving lessons to pay for my addiction. :laugh:

Ever heard of the blind leading the blind? It's a bumpy road...

I may have it wrong and come across harsh but, if you can't beat me, you can't teach me.

I may have it wrong and come across harsh but, if you can't beat me, you can't teach me.
I sort of agree dude...although if I start yipping off shots and wondering what is happening...I dont mind a tip from a higher handicapp....Because i cant see my own swing right,and there is alot to be said about visual aid

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520