• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Attn: Northeast Golfers. Get your shots in today...

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
There is a Northeaster brewing that is forecasted to dump 6 to 14 inches of snow from the Washington D.C. area through New England starting Saturday around noon time in D.C. and progressively later in Philadelphia, New York, and Boston. If you have the opportunity, get out this afternoon or early tomorrow morning and hit some balls at the range. It may be the last opportunity for a few weeks until the snow melts.

Additionally, anyone planning on flying out of the Northeast on Saturday evening or Sunday, you may want to check with your airline to see if your flights is still going of if you can move up your flight time to get out before the storm. The airports are going to be a mess for a day or two once the heavy stuff starts falling. Local forecasts have snowfall rates reaching 2 to 3 inches per hour during the heaviest snowfall periods.

Stay safe.

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
Well, it's going to suck, but I don't think we have to panic here. We lucked out with one of the mildest Januarys ever, now we're going to see some winter again.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
It's only about 28 degrees here so I'll just wait for the storm to pass. :)

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
30* here, and it started early just to piss me off. We got about 1 inch of snow overnight. Not that any place up here would be open even if it was 50*. We have to drive about 1 hour for that luxury.

I'll just kick back and watch the Olympics and be thankful that I at least bought a snow thrower this year.

token_hottie

token_mommy... oops!
Jan 12, 2006
It's a toasty 75* in my living room so I will keep practicing my swing indoors and putting on the carpet. My cats seem to enjoy that more anyways. I was putting into a cup on the floor last night and they were having a great time. Although, it makes it kind of hard to determine the accuracy of my shots. Oh well, all in good fun.

OP
ualtim

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
token_hottie said:
It's a toasty 75* in my living room so I will keep practicing my swing indoors and putting on the carpet. My cats seem to enjoy that more anyways. I was putting into a cup on the floor last night and they were having a great time. Although, it makes it kind of hard to determine the accuracy of my shots. Oh well, all in good fun.

I have tried to putt at home, but my dogs tend to steal my ball before it stops rolling. The cats just think I am crazy and go back to sleep.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
It's clear here in GA with projected high of 49F. Too bad the wind is blowing a bit. I have a 1PM tee time, but I think my partner is going to wimp out. I'm wearing winter gloves for sure.

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
SiberianDVM said:
It's clear here in GA with projected high of 49F. Too bad the wind is blowing a bit. I have a 1PM tee time, but I think my partner is going to wimp out. I'm wearing winter gloves for sure.
That sounds so nice right now, comparitively speaking of course.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
This weather sucks. I am waiting for this crap to end so I can go plow some snow. I think I will watch the rest of the tournament 1st though. Looks like I'll be limited to hitting from the heated booth at the range into snowpiles for the next few weeks. Maybe I should just get some work for the rest of the month and start saving till the weather breaks. Damn I need a vacation!! Anybody got a basement they want to rent out for a few days? I'll pay greens fees. Oh yea, no basements in Florida. How about Arizona?

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Where you at ezra?

I'm on the CT. shoreline and I used my backpack leafblower on the driveway, works great on this fluffy powder.

16 inches and still coming down. :)

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I am from Providence RI. I have 3 doctors whose driveways I plow, a huge church parking lot and 3 parking lots at a non-profit organization. Needless to say I only want to do this once.
Looks like we're all shot up for a while. There is a driving range I go to though that has several enclosed, heated booths. They have one of those token machines and you can get 5 large buckets for $20. Assuming they don't run out of balls. There is one of those indoor ones too down the road but its expensive and I hate hitting balls 130 yds. into a wall.
Good luck with the leafblower. The snow coming down here is getting wetter and heavier. Fine by me, I have a 9ft. plow and 500 ft/lbs. of torque pushing it.
Where abouts in CT are you? I have relatives in Branford. I am looking forward to venturing out to try some new courses this year. I play the same three or four and get pretty bored with them by summer. Any good ones out there... ("good " to me means long, well maintained, and under $35 on a weekday for 18).

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I'm in Old Lyme.

There are no good public courses near me. We do venture into RI a couple of times a year, Winnepaug, Fenner Hill and while we didn't get a chance to play it, Richmond CC looks real nice.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
O.K. right down the road. My family has 13 beautiful acres in Old Saybrook that belonged to my great-great grandfather. I would love to build a house there some day.
I haven't played any of those courses yet but will definitely play Richmond CC this year. I started my own business 4 months ago and only have to work 2 days a week, unless I get really busy. I can't wait to be able to play 2 to 3 times a week at weekday rates.
I play with my dad a lot, still have yet to beat him. We both shoot high 80's to low 90's on average. He just always gets me by at least 2 strokes. I think it's a mental thing. I had him by 4 at the turn last year, he comes back and shoots dead even on the back, unbelievable. Our favorite course is Meadowbrook. It is only good for about 6 weeks out of the year due to limited irrigation. It's got a great layout though, with a few changes, sprinkler system and a lot more maintainence it could be one of the best in the state. It would probably cost more than $20 then though.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.