• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ATV Wedges

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Took them out to the field for a spin last night and have been chipping around my house for a few days. Chipping, the 52 is really great. Full shots I'm struggling with a bit oddly enough. On the 58 it's just the opposite, chipping and pitching I'm struggling with and full shots come off nice.

Observations: this sole is the real deal. There hasn't been a shot I tried I couldn't hit because if the club, it's really nice. Feel is surprisingly soft to.

The shaft, jury still out. I hit about 20!shots last night with the 58 and distance control is tough. One shit would go 75 yds which is perfect for me but then the next would jump to 100+ with what felt like the same swing. It's a KBS wedge shaft listed at 130g but doesn't feel stout at all. So i don't know.

I'm dying to try some S400's in them, I love that shaft in wedges, $19 per though is...bleh.

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
United States United States
Dammit Jim! I've been wanting to try the KBS wedge shafts because I don't like the DG wedge flex shafts in my wedges. You just shot that in the head. The last thing I need is a sand wedge that goes twenty yards past the target. Hell I can do that on my own without any help from the shaft.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Dammit Jim! I've been wanting to try the KBS wedge shafts because I don't like the DG wedge flex shafts in my wedges. You just shot that in the head. The last thing I need is a sand wedge that goes twenty yards past the target. Hell I can do that on my own without any help from the shaft.
The first time I thought maybe I had better contact or caught a flyer (if that even happens anymore). I was only carrying 2 balls and it was consistent: first ball flew about 70-75 yds and the second jumped to 90-100. I've never had that happen before.

Is that even a shaft issue?

I'm telling you what though, these wedges are the real deal. They set up perfectly and always seem to have the right bounce for the shot I'm playing.

ChrisLyons

Feb 5, 2013
Owingsville,Ky
Country
United States United States
I guess it could be the head but it sorta sounds like the shaft. If you loaded the shaft a little better and caught the ball a little cleaner on the second shot it could have kicked through the shot harder. I'm not sure though. On days swinging a little better and hitting down on the ball harder my yardages jump on me.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I guess it could be the head but it sorta sounds like the shaft. If you loaded the shaft a little better and caught the ball a little cleaner on the second shot it could have kicked through the shot harder. I'm not sure though. On days swinging a little better and hitting down on the ball harder my yardages jump on me.
Yeah, I think I'm going to try again with the KBS before making a move. It's hard though, I know the S400's work for me and I bet they would be a great match to those heads.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online