• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Awesome

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I was out walking the dog last night. Sometimes I take her up to the driving range at our club and throw a tennis ball for her to chase. Usually in the evening when no-one is there. There's plenty of room behind players if there is. Anyways, our club champion was there hitting balls, I haven't seen him for a while so I went over for a quick chat. We were just shooting the breeze while he was hitting what seemed to be a 6 or 7 iron. He's not playing much these days (ex Walker Cup x 2 times player) as he has a young kid and another on the way. But I watched, in awe, as he rifled out about half a dozen shots, that never left the pin about 200 yards out. They were like bullets. His divot marks were like a machine had done them. Everything looked so good. From what people say he is one of the best ball strikers in the land. As amateurs, he played in the same company as Patrick Reid, Ricky Fowler, Jordan Speith. And he was every bit as good as them up to the green. I think his weakness is his short game. But it's all relative as he still plays off +2 or something like that.

It was awesome to watch, a real treat. That is all!

Members online

No members online now.