• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Back From Augusta

robereno

Oct 25, 2006
Just got back from a trip to the Masters for the Tuesday practice round. Other than security becoming even more strigent it is still one of the most tranquil and amazing places!! The Masters still does it right, limited commercials on TV, $2 beers and $1.50 sandwiches on the course and some amazing golf to go along with it!!!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Awesome man. No pictures? :) Someday, before I die, I want to do this. It's on my lottery winning list of things. lol.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Just got back from a trip to the Masters for the Tuesday practice round. Other than security becoming even more strigent it is still one of the most tranquil and amazing places!! The Masters still does it right, limited commercials on TV, $2 beers and $1.50 sandwiches on the course and some amazing golf to go along with it!!!

I think I speak for all golf fans who dream of getting to Augusta at some point when I say-

:needpics:

At least a few pics of pros on the range or something
icon10.gif

OP
robereno

robereno

Oct 25, 2006
They only allow cameras during the practice round! I have pics and will post them when I get a chance to upload!! Hey Ezra, you should sign-up for the ticket lottery, I got 4 this year and it only cost $31 ticket

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004

I couldn't agree with you more...isn't it amazing how quiet the place is even with huge crowds? It seems that once the spectators step onto the course, they become almost reverent..

And the incredibly cheap prices...the members could triple prices on everything and it would all still sell the same -but they keep them downright cheap...all for the spectators to have a grand time..

It's hard to rationalize it all. YES the membership is elite, closed-mouthed and downright secretive about their club and their ways of doing things, coming across as a bunch of snobs.

But then you go, and the experience is something incredible...and there's no doubt that 60 years of hosting the tournament have shown the members - how to show the spectators a fantastic time and they do...for this one week, outsiders are welcomed with open arms and the most cordial hospitality.

OP
robereno

robereno

Oct 25, 2006
heres where you mail your info too!!

Practice Rounds
Tickets for the 2007 Masters are sold out.

Practice Rounds tickets are limited and sold in advance by application only. Applicants are allocated tickets on a random selection basis. 2008 Practice Rounds applications will be mailed in June to those people who applied in 2006 and/or 2007 or who have subsequently requested Practice Rounds information. Successful applicants will be notified in September. Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified. The deadline for 2008 applicants is July 15, 2007. If you are not on the Practice Rounds mailing list, and would like to be added for 2008, please send your name, address, daytime telephone number, email address and Social Security Number to:

Masters Tournament
Practice Rounds
PO Box 2047
Augusta, GA 30903-2047

🔥 Latest posts