• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Back from Florida

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Spent a week in Florida visiting family, did the Disney thing with the kids and hit up the beach on the gulf side.

In between those, I hit up a few golf courses with my father in law.

Played Red Tail - Course was in amazing shape and wasn't at all expensive for a course that used to be 100% private. First round in quite a while so it wasn't pretty, but the views were great. Shot 105...which obviously I'm not happy about, but for my first real round on this course, which is a course that you really need to know to play well at, it wasn't terrible. Mostly just a rusty swing. My BIL shot his first 90 on this round...he was doing really well. Left a few shots out there as well...his game is really coming along.

Next I played at Victoria Hills - This course wasn't in nearly as good of shape as the previous...tee boxes were tore up, lots of random crap on the greens, greens were quite a bit slower than red tail. The course itself was a lot like red tail...lots of shorter par 4's that required a long second shot because of a short fairway. This could easily mess a new player up...had I hit driver(well) on any o these holes I would have been in rough shape. I played a lot of 5i and 4i off the tee. Course has a lot of potential, however I think the price was a bit much compared to Red Tail especially considering the condition of the two.

Happy to be back in Wisconsin though....it's damn hot down there already.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Why? Haven't you still got snow on the ground?:D:D Sounds like a GREAT family time!!
haha, not far from it...but we're flirting with 80 lately...

Some big storms rolled through tonight. Luckily they held off till after my grilling session. Had family over for brats on the grill.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
haha, not far from it...but we're flirting with 80 lately...

Some big storms rolled through tonight. Luckily they held off till after my grilling session. Had family over for brats on the grill.
Supposed to have one of our first rounds of Mother Nature's vengeance this afternoon and tonight. One forecast said we could have hail larger than softballs!! "Enhanced" risk for damaging winds. "Slight" risk for tornados. We will see these 'interesting' weather events move through over the next 30 days or so.
A little thunder and lightning out there now. Nothing but a couple small cells passing through. Won't affect golf today. I usually wake up around 4 to 4:30 a.m. Heard the rumbles. Here, it's usually one of three things. 1.) Thunder, 2.) Ft. Riley doing some artillery practice, or 3.) the wife's last night's Mexican food affecting her digestive system and the room air quality.

🔥 Latest posts