• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Back from Iraq

OP
twelvegage

twelvegage

live life. love life.
Jan 18, 2008
Well fellas, me and my 2 buddies went out and played 9 holes today, and it was a blast. I shot a 71, my buddy a 72, and the other a 56. I would've been in the 60's if I knew how to hit a sand wedge, but the important thing is I had a blast and didn't shoot over a 10 on any one hole, lol. I finished pretty strong aside from the bunker run in. Finishing double bogey, par, 10 on a 4 (the bunker incident) and another double.

Since the only real positive on the course was the par on a par 3. It was 156 to the hole, and I went 5 wood off the tee and it was inches short of the green so I putted from the fringe and it was a tap in after that (and we actually tapped them in, we're noobs, but not cheaters!) The 72 buddy also got a par on the same hole. My other buddy though, he birdied the 8th hole, which was the one I had such a hard time with the bunker in. He chipped it in from just off the green, it was beautiful.

I was a little disappointed in the 3DX though =\ well, let me rephrase that, I was disappointed in my driving, which just so happened to be the Nickent. When I was in Iraq and using the driver that Slingblade had gave to me, I had gotten to where I was hitting them as straight as I wanted to, also seemed like I had more distance. Today I was around the 200 - 210 range =\ and when I hit them well they were slicing just barely. Towards the end though it was starting to come together, I just definitely need to stay on the course and keep practicing. It was an absolute blast though, and we're going to the same course (on post) for probably just another 9. We have a 4 day weekend coming up, and we plan on going at least twice, but probably more.

Anyways, now I have a basis to go from and I plan on getting down to the 60's tomorrow. I shot so badly that it'll be real easy to improve, and we'll have a blast again and it was pretty cheap.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Welcome home, thank you for your service. Thank God you made it home in one piece.

Glad to hear you picked up some nice clubs. Practice, practice, and more practice, throw a lesson or 2 in there and you'll be fine.

Tee em high and hit em straight, :thumbs up:

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Welcome back. Glad to hear you made it safe and sound. Thank you for serving our country.

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Keep at it, it will come along and having fun is the most important thing.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Welcome home, and Thank You. I don't think Sling would have enough server space for me to express how much I appreciate you and your fellow servicemen and servicewomen.

🔥 Latest posts