• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Back from my trip to Myrtle beach!

trob

Apr 2, 2006
This was my first year for the big spring golf trip! 24 guys going to Myrtle for golf and beer. Myrtle beach is perfect this time and of year and even the bad courses are 4 star. Anyway here's where we played.

Tuesday...Waterway. This was our first day practice round. It didn't count twoards are handicap. It was in good condition over all. Not near as tough as what we would face the rest of the week. The coolest thing is when you get thier they take you from the parking lot to the course over top a river in this sorta sky ride. Your golf clubs sit on the outside of the cart. Definitly different.

Wednesday preswick. Easily the best course of the week. Just Beautiful. With the huge club house and big lake going out the back it looked like the pga could show up any day to play. Very Very difficult. I forget what famous designer made the course but he did a great job of risk reward. It kicked all of our ass's even the low handicappers got beat up. Every hole you wanted to take out your camera and snap some pictures.

Thursday ...Wakeshaw east. This was okay. A little disapointing after playing the course the day befor. The best thing about this course was the hot beer girl with the g string hanging out the back. lol

Friday.. we played the wizard and Man of war. The wizard was really nice and pretty easy. Both courses were in great condition and multiple island greens. Man of war was a little disapointing...it looked alot harder in the pictures on the net.

Saturday ..The witch. another nice course. Very difficult. Many drives had to get about 200 just to get over the waste areas. We played a scramble there.

I didn't play so well most of the week. I played way to conservative off the Tee which made it tough if you didn't hit that perfect 2nd shot. finaly twoards the end I picked up the driver and just started to rip it and my scores came down. I played a little to scared.

Anyone else out thier goto Myrtle? Played any of these courses?

chollyred

Mar 9, 2006
I'm going in June. I already have rounds booked at Wachesaw East. Tell me what was disappointing about it? Just not up to Prestwick? Or something else in particular. I've never played it before.

I played Waterway Hills last February. It was 38* when we teed off and the wind was blowing about 25 mph. I think I had about a 16" backswing. I think the coolest thing about that course was watching the yachts sail up the waterway.

Warren

Apr 21, 2006
My coach resides at the Barefoot Resort. This place is sensational (high end) but worth it with a Love III, Fazio, Dye, and Norman course. Other than this, The Dunes is also great, as is the TPC of Myrtle, The Legends Resort, The Heritage, and Glen Dornoch.

Highdraw34

Mar 27, 2006
How much does a trip like that cost all together if you don't mind me asking?

OP
T

trob

Apr 2, 2006
chollyred said:
I'm going in June. I already have rounds booked at Wachesaw East. Tell me what was disappointing about it? Just not up to Prestwick? Or something else in particular. I've never played it before.

I played Waterway Hills last February. It was 38* when we teed off and the wind was blowing about 25 mph. I think I had about a 16" backswing. I think the coolest thing about that course was watching the yachts sail up the waterway.

I think that was the problem was. When I think back the course was in great condition..I think if we wouldn't have played prestwick the day befor it would have been better. Plus the split are group up half off the back nine and half off the front. Thats a pain in the ass when your playing closest to the pin and longest drive on holes in the front and back nine. We made our T times last september so we thought it was pretty shitty to do that and not warn us.

OP
T

trob

Apr 2, 2006
Highdraw34 said:
How much does a trip like that cost all together if you don't mind me asking?

Since it was 24 of us we get good rates. We payed $600 a piece. That was for the condo's (tuesday through sunday),and all rounds of golf except waterway. That was on the first day and you played if you got thier in time. Plus he gave out cash prizes for different things including for each group for the last day which was a scramble. Plus he gave away titlest prov1's for all the different winners (3 packs) He probobly gave away 20 dozen of those. pretty good deal I thought! He does it every year.

Highdraw34

Mar 27, 2006
Is "He" someone who is looking for a new friend and round the group up to 25? I would love to get in on a deal like that. Or do all 24 people know each other?

OP
T

trob

Apr 2, 2006
Highdraw34 said:
Is "He" someone who is looking for a new friend and round the group up to 25? I would love to get in on a deal like that. Or do all 24 people know each other?

Nope..I only knew one guy. Every year a couple guys drop out and can't go. That's how I got in. Thier was 3 people that couldn't go and the guy I knew out of the bunch let me know. I now have 23 new friends. All a great bunch of guys. We drink to much....bust balls constantly..and have a great time.

Members online

No members online now.