• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Back from vacation in California.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Yeah...sounds great.....

Cities are the last place I would chose to vaca. I understand I'm in the minority.
1867106_56_b.jpg

I agree. How can a city compete with this?

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Just try the Major Cities. PARIS, NEW YORK...cultural mecca stuff really.
1867106_56_b.jpg

I agree. How can a city compete with this?

Our vacations are all over the board. Last few have been Vegas, Puerto Rico, Yellowstone National Park and then west to Seattle and Vancouver, Ireland, Playa Del Carmen again, etc. We love the tropics but don't like to do them every year so we mix it up. It's either Costa Rica or Panama for our next one. We do have a mini vacation labor day weekend, only be gone 5 days out to S. Dakota and the Black Hills area.

As Tricky mentioned cities can be fun, Dublin, Venice, Innsbruck, etc were all fantastic to visit and I say everyone should beg borrow or steal and get over to Italy at least once.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Until the ocean rises
Our vacations are all over the board. Last few have been Vegas, Puerto Rico, Yellowstone National Park and then west to Seattle and Vancouver, Ireland, Playa Del Carmen again, etc. We love the tropics but don't like to do them every year so we mix it up. It's either Costa Rica or Panama for our next one. We do have a mini vacation labor day weekend, only be gone 5 days out to S. Dakota and the Black Hills area.

As Tricky mentioned cities can be fun, Dublin, Venice, Innsbruck, etc were all fantastic to visit and I say everyone should beg borrow or steal and get over to Italy at least once.

Italy I would be interested in. Scotland, Ireland, Europe in general because of the history there. San Fran? No. LA, absolutely not. New York City, maybe...I've already been to DC.

Other than that, I would much rather visit somewhere with very few people.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Until the ocean rises

Italy I would be interested in. Scotland, Ireland, Europe in general because of the history there. San Fran? No. LA, absolutely not. New York City, maybe...I've already been to DC.

Other than that, I would much rather visit somewhere with very few people.

You do know you don't need to actually spend all your time in the city with people right? We only spent 2 days in the city, rest was in the Redwood forest of Muir Woods, the coastline down by Big Sur, etc.

Attachments

• DSC00410.JPG
    DSC00410.JPG
    580.7 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC00756.JPG
    DSC00756.JPG
    578.9 KB · Views: 87

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
What? No one ever vacations in God's country (northern Wisconsin). Rent a cottage on a lake and just swim, fish, water ski and swat mosquitoes all day. Do the same in the winter and ride snowmobiles all over the trails they have bar hopping? I've been all over the country and you can have most of it. Colorado was cool. I could get into the island vacations though. Sitting on the beach watching all the babes in their thong bikinis while sipping a margurita

How was the lobster at Fisherman's Wharf?

🔥 Latest posts