• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Back in Canada....and alive!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Well, I'm back in the arctic. It was cold when I arrived. But no one wants to hear that shit.

First and foremost, I need to say something here before getting into the golf.

I hope you'll allow me that.

I can't say enough about DaveE and his wife's extremely wonderful gift that they gave me this past week - a chance to play and live abroad without worry or concern. I can't stress to you guys what a wonderful person DaveE (and Mrs. DaveE:D) are. They are exactly what a guy needs to get away from it all. Laid back and comfortable to be around. If you're anywhere around the Austin area, get ahold to Dave and play a round with him. You will definitely not be disappointed.

I must give me thanks to the both of you, Dave, for bothing doing all the running around to accomodate me as well as putting up with me and my Canuck shortcomings. I hope sometime down the road that we (or any of the players here) gets even the chance to play with you again in the future. Maybe we'll get little C and Bubba out. :D

Guys, I'm nominating DaveE for Shottalker of the Year. Easily, hands down winner.

R35

PS....look for my course reviews and pics in another thread...this one has to be left to DaveE as my thanks....

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Geez, I’m gonna get all misty here.

It’s easy to be a decent host with good guests. Maybe I’ll get lucky next time. :p

Just kidding, the week couldn’t have gone better.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
There's nothing like good ole Texas hospitality. When they roll out the red carpet....its a huge red carpet..

With big ole longhorns on the front.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Two things come from Texas, and I don't see any horns on Dave.

Awesome to hear you had a good time, and I wouldn't mind playing.

For future reference: It's not that I don't like the people in Texas, as I have many friends there, I just don't like Texas.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Major Kudos to both of you ... only thing missing was the ceremonial exchange of a turkey or a bottle of bushmills ;)

🔥 Latest posts