• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

back on the driver hunt...

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
just sold my r7425 with the blueboard in it. i never really got off on the right foot with it, and it never performed to the level that i feel it should have. i bought it for 200 on GG and ended up selling it for 250 so i made 50 bucks for nothing :). i know i could have pulled the shaft and put my ys-6+ in it, and then sold the shaft for 80 bucks and driver for 230ish and made more but i couldnt have been bothered. anyways, right now im looking at the burner, 905R, ft-3, and nike sumo. any opinions... ?

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
I think you should buy my R7 for $120 and help me in my goal to get a SQ. Its the original quad so a bit different than your 425. In all seriousness go demo a Burner I heard they're pretty hot. (no pun intended)

Jun 24, 2006
I diden't find the burner to be anything special when I tried it.

Could have broke that 50g shaft over my knee though..:real angry:

jamesj

Apr 1, 2006
jump on the 905R train. also whats the blueboard? ive heard people mention that shaft a lot. ive only tried a few shafts (proforce v2, aldila nv65, and some terrible stock gold cleveland shaft) and so far the v2 76g stiff shaft seems to fit my swing. i swing really hard and fast and the heavy stiff shaft of the v2 feels good. but i have always wondered about the heavier shafts and whatever tiger uses.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Sumos are great man, just make sure you get the right shaft:p

I need to get rid of the shaft i have in mine, i cant swing smoothly with it at all (which is wat my coach has me working on, tempo)... Probly have to go back to my 983K with the weak NV shaft to work on tempo:p

I have my driver up on WRX, you interested in it?:D

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
FT3 Tour = Ball Speed = Long. You can pick the FT3's up for peanuts now as well.

The 905R is a nice stick as well, lovely traditional pear shape profile, loads of shaft options, nice 2nd hand price tag, Only problem would be you'd be playing the same driver as WBL :laugh:

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
You know my choice :D

I started the movement last summer, and it's finally catching on ;)

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
You know my choice :D

I started the movement last summer, and it's finally catching on ;)

Rock (aka Mr. Cleveland) has a successor.

I present to you, "VtDivot (aka Mr. Titleist). Duhn-duhn-duhn, duhhhhhhnnn....:laugh:

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I love my 905R, but the darn thing still requires a semi-decent swing. On the 1st tee yesterday I hit a 300 yard drive with it: 100 yards long, 100 yards high, and 100 hook.

My mulligan was friggin perfect. :D

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
The 905R is a nice stick as well, lovely traditional pear shape profile, loads of shaft options, nice 2nd hand price tag, Only problem would be you'd be playing the same driver as WBL :laugh:
Wait a month and it won't be a problem anymore! :laugh:

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.