• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bad practice

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I have been having a bad time recently, swing just not right. Yet I try and work it out and can't, just struggle to work it out, I've never had a problem doing that. Until now.

All that happens is simple things slip, stance got to narrow, ball position has crept forward, shoulder turn had shortened, a lot which can be traced back to my bad back last year. But all this is just posture and alignment, thats it, yet I need a pro to work it out.

My stance feels like I am doing the splits, but on vid it looks fine. By ball position feels like its off the back foot, it wasn't, but I was visually measuring against the left toe, should be heel. Shoulder turn was easy, just need to forget the back.

30 years of analysing my game, working things out myself, practicing hard, I have suddenly had the equivalent of a golfing labotomy. How can someone with my length of service let their stance change so much, and not notice?

Bad practice is the culprit, I cannot for the life of me think of anything else. I really need to spend 30 seconds on each ball, walk away, and address the ball properly, and certainly establish a routine that works.

30 years to work that out, maybe I am just shit.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
You've got it pegged pretty well it seems. Just hitting balls consecutively can be a huge problem because you aren't paying your full attention to the ball, but any flaw with the mass of balls you're hitting could be ingrained.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Might there be some benefit in using a simple alignment aid during your practice sessions? Something that would give you a measure of stance width, alignment, and ball position? Muscle memory.

Something like this: Align-Drive Golf Alignment, Ltd.

Don't know how ball position changes with TLT, though...:(

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.