• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Badgers??

aceillini

Long live "THE CHIEF"
Aug 23, 2006
I know there are alot of Wisconsin folk here.So,what are you all expecting for this weeks game against my Illini?Are the REAL Badgers going to show up or are the ones from the last couple games going to be present?I know they are much better than their record!!I predict Illinois 24 Wisky 17.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Hoping the Badgers get their crap togther but am doubtful. Was debating on picking up tickets to the game from a co-worker, but the weather isn't supposed to be all that great.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Badgers suck this year. No QB means no success. And they should be playing Johnnie Clay at RB. They stayed with OSU but Penn blew them off the field and then the Iowa Hawkeyes beat them? Season's over.

I can just imagine what Illinois is going to do to them... :(

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
Badgers suck this year. No QB means no success. And they should be playing Johnnie Clay at RB. They stayed with OSU but Penn blew them off the field and then the Iowa Hawkeyes beat them? Season's over.

I can just imagine what Illinois is going to do to them... :(

Not all is lost, WBL. There's still Cal Poly at the close of the season. They should be able to eke out a field goal at the end to win that one.

Everidge has been a disaster at QB. I went to the WISC-OSU game and he looked terrible. Passes thrown wide/short/long of the receivers, or straight to the OSU linebackers.

And PJ Hill isn't playing up to his potential, but in fairness to him, he isn't getting much of a chance. When 80% of the offensive playcalls are right into the line, every defense in the country will put six or seven guys at the line to stop him. And when you pass the other 20% of the time, and complete maybe 4/10 of those, there's really no chance to move on offense. Whoever is doing the offensive playcalling needs to get smacked (or fired).

In the end, it's just a down year for the Badgers. Maybe in a couple of years, when they've got a few good recruiting classes in and can develop a quarterback like a Bollinger, Sorgi, Stocco, or Donovan, they can be a major player in the Big Ten.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
The recruiting is the problem Fitz. The only real star they've gotten recently is Clay and he sits the bench. If they don't improve the talent they'll never be a high caliber team again. :) And also agree on that moronic play calling. Haven't they ever heard of running outside? :(

OP
aceillini

aceillini

Long live "THE CHIEF"
Aug 23, 2006
well I wish I could make the trek up to camp randall to see the game.To much going on here with the kids.I usually pull for the Badgers but this time I hope the Illini can take it....

OP
aceillini

aceillini

Long live "THE CHIEF"
Aug 23, 2006
I would have to agree.The QB looked pretty decent.Not sure what happened to the Illini QB?I was afraid the real wisky would show up this week.Guess with this week over I can pull for the Badgers for the rest of the season.Congrats Badgers...

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Now the Badgers get to play a hot Michigan State team. Toughest schedule they've had in years, and it comes when they're less talented then usual. :)

🔥 Latest posts