• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bagged my first win today.

Jun 24, 2006
The Jr. Club Championship was yesterday and today. I was feeling well going into it and thought I had a good chance of pulling off a W.

Shot 75 the first day. Lipped out 7 times on the back nine. Horse shoe'd a 20 footer for par on 10. ARG!. Hit a lot of fat iron shots and pretty well hacked my way around the course and got everything up and down. Had the lead by 3 after day 1.

Today was a much better ball striking day. Hit the Ft-5 really well, and my irons were much better. Just couldn't get anything going. 3 putts, missed 2 footers. Not impressed with the 2 bar today.

Hit one of the best shots I have hit in a long time. Tanked a driver on the Par 5 in the left rough. I had trees to go around and bunkers to carry. Wasn't sure if I could draw it enough to get around all the trees and bunkers but..I hit it PERFECTLY and the ball did exactly what I wanted it to do. 20 footer for eagle that didn't break as much as I thought it was going to. Made 4.

Also made one of the best pars I have made in a long time. 17 is a 270 par 4. The guy that was in second just picked a stroke up on me on 16 to get within 3. He hits first and hits it to 15 feet. SHOOT!. I hit driver and hit it in the trees left. Try to punch it out but somehow..hit a broken off dead thick tree limb and stayed under the trees. I didn't even see that darn thing, it was Camo. Chipped that out to a 4 feet and made the putt after the other feller was in with 3.

Luckly I made a nice 15 footer on 18 to win by 2. He put some heat on me on the back nine, shot 35 to my 39.

Had 74 the second day.

Guy that finished second was last years Club Champ.

I'm very happy.:)

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Congratulations, that's awesome.

I can't imagine playing in competition having only played this game for about a year now. Definitely requires discipline along with be able to perform under pressure.

Again, congrats. :)

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Congrats!

be sure to put your win in your siggy, so we will remember we are talking to a Cham-peen.

:)

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
Gratz dude, I had my first top 3 finish this summer a great feeling really.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Congrats man.

I unfortunately will be missing our club championship:(.

Now you have to defend next year;)

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Hey missed this one. Belated congrats and good shootin'!
PAr 72 right? So you must have got chopped for that little display, right?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Where the pic of you holding the trophy and getting that big check?

I'm suspicious...
icon12.gif

Congrats man - that's a stellar achievement. On to bigger and better, eh?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Way to go, I didn't think lefties knew how to win. ;)

Now sharpen it up, and sweep it next year!

OP
ThatCanadianGuy
Jun 24, 2006
Thanks guys.

IG it was a par 70, not 72.

The mens Club Championship is Sept 15 and 16. That is going to be tougher to win as there are many guys that can shoot par on any given day. We shall see.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online