• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ball launching really high with regular flex shaft

JoshinWA

Aug 31, 2006
Distance is determined by swing speed.............

plus launch angle, ball composition and net coefficient of restitution, #feet above sea level (atmospheric pressure), relative humidity, temperature..........

Yeah, what he said...

Jeff - I was at the pro shop last weekend when I bought my new driver and my avg. SS with driver was around 110. I am actually estimating my avg. drive distance, as I have not had a chance to use it yet. I am recovering from some minor surgery.

Rock - I agree, accuracy is more important to me as well. Unfortunately, I don't have much of that, or apparently much distance. Tiger, here -- I mean Jeff -- must be either extremely efficient, stronger than me, use a "better ball", or just so sauve that he can talk the ball into running much further than I can.

Oh, yeah, and I am also going to blame my old equipment, because that is one of the best excuses.:)

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Oh, yeah, and I am also going to blame my old equipment, because that is one of the best excuses.:)

Actually I think it's probably the elevation. Many times I forget I am at 5600 feet. Also, it could be partly the irons and a whole plethora of other things.

As far as accuracy, very true. Much better to be within 10 feet than 10 yards longer.

I'm no Tiger, incredibly far from it. I've got a huge amount of problems like everyone else. The only reason I asked was because I just wasn't sure, and was curious as to the difference.

I really meant to offense, I just wasn't sure.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.