• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ball question

someguy

Jan 8, 2008
I've seen several people mention the Top Flight Strata's on here as being a good ball before it was discontinued. Is it the TL model or something else? The golf galaxy here in the virginia beach area quite a few boxes of the Strata TL's sitting on the shelf for around $14 or so and i'm wanted to check if these were the one's or not.

thanks

rob

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
The Tour TL is the 4 peice and a good ball. The regular TL is not a 4 peice design, just a run of the mill TF ball.

Cheap tho, so good for high handicappers.

R35

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
You may be thinking about the Strata Tour Professional, which is a 3 piece ball and I know of a few people on here, myself included, that really liked the ball and played it until it was difficult to find.

Never tried the TL, but I would certain try just about any Strata and liked just about all the ones I ever played. Although I would be tempted to try out the Top Flight D2 or Gamer prior to the Strata as it is about the same price, the same company, a good ball (can speak for the D2, haven't tried the Gamer yet), will likely be around for longer and will likely only get cheaper after a short time. The D2 is so far the only Top Flight I would ever admit to liking. Top Flight I would imagine will shortly be phasing out any Strata (if they haven't already) due to the design and success of the D2

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Good Strata's, Tour Ultimate, Tour ultimate 2, Tour Ace, Tour Premier. Basically any with the Word 'Tour'

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
You can pick up 15 ball boxes of D2's all day long for $15, great balls for the price.

🔥 Latest posts