• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ball Test

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Everyone wants the new best thing. Give it a cool name like Rocket Ballz and slap some new paint on it and it will sell better than Penta 2.0.
Not everyone. I myself buy golf balls according to what is the best ball I can get the most of for the best price. To date, the best performer for me has been either the ProV1x or the Maxfli U4x. When my $10 in rewards arrives from Dick's i'll be getting 2 doz Maxfli U4x's. With the $10 figured in that'll be $30.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Its the same reason the iPhone is 'the best selling phone'. If you never change the name, even when you make big changes to the product, eventually you have the best selling product.
So why don't other companies do it? I'm sure the B330 has changed over the years.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Here is what I don't understand. Why do companies change the name of their balls each year, except Titleist? I know several people that liked the original Penta, gone and changed and apparently coming back? Why not just keep the Penta over the last 4 years and just tweak it, like the Pro V1? Same with other companies. The only other company that keeps the same name is Bridgestone.
Good Point.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I did a survey for Bridgestone a few months back asking what I thought about a name change to the B330. I said "don't do it". Apparently most of the people that took that survey said the same thing. But they were thinking about it!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online