• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

BAMES MEETS WBL

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
We got together today since Brandon was in Pewaukee for a seminar. I picked Brandon and his business partner Darrel up at their hotel and off we went to ... the nearby Golf Galaxy and then B & M Sports!!! There are more important things then lunch!! :)

I tried out a SC Studio Select Newport (they didn't have a Circa 62 that I really wanted to try). I made 6 out of 8 10 footers with it and quickly put it back up. The salesmen just smiled at me.

Later I picked it back up and made 5 out of 5 10 footers. This thing is scary. I looked up to see that the salesmen at the counter had been watching me and smiled said "that putter has your name on it"... :(

I quickly put it back again. And yes, if I had the money it would have gone out the door with me. Didn't feel any better then anything I've used but the ball just went in the cup and went in the cup and went in the cup. :confused:

There's got to be some black magic they put in it at the assembly line.

Then we stopped at a Jimmy John's sub place and had our lunch.

Enjoyed our very brief visit. Brandon showed me the pics of his new son and two other sons and off we went to the airport.

Brandon, I appologize for being so deaf but you did very well communicating with me... :D

Enjoyed meeting you guys and we definitely have to get a round of golf in next year. :)

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
We looked at all the new stuff, new Cally IQ drivers (what's with the white shaft?), L5V Cobras (not bad), new Titties and quite a few OEM's are putting Matrix Ozik Ex-Con shafts in them. They appear to be the real deal too and not "made for" etc. Some nice looking new wedges out.

We were 3 kids in a candy store!! :)

Esox

Supporting Member
Aug 6, 2008
Hey, WBL. If you were at the Golf Galaxy on Bluemound Rd. in Brookfield, you were two minutes from my house. No wonder I felt like looking at golf clubs today. You must infect like a one mile radius around you with the urge to purchase golf equipment.

Be careful with that putting area. I think it's grooved so the ball goes right to the cup. I've stood in there and made putt after putt with different putters, then when I get to the course....well, you played nine holes with me. Did I make even one decent putt?

Kevin

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
It's X-con... I am the ex con.
icon10.gif

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Be careful with that putting area. I think it's grooved so the ball goes right to the cup. I've stood in there and made putt after putt with different putters, then when I get to the course....well, you played nine holes with me. Did I make even one decent putt?

Kevin

That's the way all of the Golf Galaxys are setup, they want you to sink putts & buy the putter.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Sounds like a good time! My wife laughs at me... generally speaking I don't like shopping... but when I go to golf galaxy I could spend hours just browsing :thumbs up:

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Scotties are nice. Why not demo a Ping B60 the more recent production models and see if you like that. The 62 is designed to copy the very popular early b60s but with a bit more weight. I have not hit the new B60 but would be VERY interested in your evaluation. The new Ping is supposed to have returned the compliment and has similar weighting as the B60.

Remember the BEN Curtis win at the British Open. Used a 1980s circa B60 as does Eric.

Let me know if you get a chance.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Hey, WBL. If you were at the Golf Galaxy on Bluemound Rd. in Brookfield, you were two minutes from my house. No wonder I felt like looking at golf clubs today. You must infect like a one mile radius around you with the urge to purchase golf equipment.

Kevin<!-- google_ad_section_end --> (Esox)

That could be true but none of the dozens of other putters I tried found that "groove" as well. Oh yeah, and that wasn't at Golf Galaxy it was at B & M. :D

Scotties are nice. Why not demo a Ping B60 the more recent production models and see if you like that. The 62 is designed to copy the very popular early b60s but with a bit more weight. I have not hit the new B60 but would be VERY interested in your evaluation. The new Ping is supposed to have returned the compliment and has similar weighting as the B60.

Remember the BEN Curtis win at the British Open. Used a 1980s circa B60 as does Eric.

Let me know if you get a chance.

zaphod

It's already all over zaphod. Those putts dropping have burned in the desire to own that SC Studio Series Newport without the alignment mark. I have to have one now and nothing else will do.... you know the feeling don't you... :)

It's X-con... I am the ex con.
icon10.gif

Ezra76

Good one!! I make myself laugh sometimes.... :biglol:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
That's pretty sweet! Just snag a Scotty from on here or fleabay, you know you want to!

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
A heads up on studio selects on E-Bay - lots of fakes out there.

Price guide, from a known, trusted source (dealer, collector, etc) is 180-200 shipped for a lightly used, nice example with headcover.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
It's already all over zaphod. Those putts dropping have burned in the desire to own that SC Studio Series Newport without the alignment mark. I have to have one now and nothing else will do.... you know the feeling don't you... :)

It was over before you walked in the store. :D

I feel extrememly lucky that I did not fall in love with any putters on my run throught the Orlando Golf Shop Gauntlet. Nothing out produced what I already had in the bag..........for once. :laugh:

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005

Kevin
You live pretty near where I grew up. The old Nike missile site on Ridge Rd. just off of Bluemound.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
Well I'm back in ND and not a moment too soon. I just beat our second good blizzard of the year. Obviously WBL beat me to the post, but I would agree that we had a great time for the short amount that we had. I still am completely amazed that he walked out of that golf shop without the Scotty. I even stopped at the door on our way out just to give him one more opportunity to go grab it. (Nothing like being an enabler for a fellow addict!). It was great to meet up with someone when I knew we were not going to have that akward conversation of "What should we do?". We met in the hotel lobby, exchanged pleasantries, I looked at Jerry and said "well, should we hit the golf shops". I hadn't even finished saying the word "shops" before he uttered a distinct "yep" and away we went. Great guy, and I am thouroughly looking forward to a golf outing.
I think we should start a date pool on when WBL will pick up the SC putter. After seeing him drop the putts I'm in for next Wednesday at the latest! Thanks again Jerry.

🔥 Latest posts