• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Banner Lodge, Moodus, CT.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
This is it.

I took my 10 year old here today and the only real suprise was that they charged me for him.....last 2 times he was free.

This is a beat up course with massive potential. The greens were pristine....flawless in fact. Too bad the rest of the course is shot.
All the tee boxes are a mixture of hardpan and crabgrass....I thought a hammer would have been helpful in setting the tees. Some of the fairways were in very good shape but that is the exception and not the rule. It's hard to grow grass without water (no irrigation) In spite of this arid fact I found that several of the landing areas were swampy....go figure)

Some small progress has been made since I last played there in the spring, they got the squatters out of the condo's and as I said, the greens are mint but the ownership clearly has the management shackled and seem to be providing near zero funding for desperatly needed upgrades......like sprinklers.

Anyway....the club house;
clubhouse1.JPG
clubhouse2.JPG

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Opps, that's one of the good fairways, the rest look like this;
#2.JPG

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Now a word about ammenities....there are non.....no freaking water , tha ball washers have no towels and I swear someone peed in them.....they stink like hell, after the first one I used dirty balls.

God gave us alot of water in a very short time though. ;)
ammenities.JPG
artsy.JPG
raindelay.JPG

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Wait!.....

The next Arnold Palmer? or maybe that's a Furyk swing. :D
swing.JPG

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Bottom line......since they raised the rates to $40 and the kids gotta pay too versus the overall condition of the course....I'm going to cedar ridge next time with the kids.

Management does a nice job but they are clearly hobbled by a lack of funds.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Slingblade61 said:
Bottom line......since they raised the rates to $40 and the kids gotta pay too versus the overall condition of the course....I'm going to cedar ridge next time with the kids.

Management does a nice job but they are clearly hobbled by a lack of funds.
$40???!!!!

Geez, move to Chattanooga.

This is our standard $30 course for the area.

awww.aircastlegolf.com_images_putting.jpg

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
This is the Nicklaus course, mid-$40s.

hb_5.jpg

I'm done. Sorry to intrude; i was just incredulous for a sec. :) Good looking kid, BTW...

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Incredulous....yeah, that's what I think every time I visit my in-laws in North Carolina.

My home course is $51 (with cart) and there's one right down the road from me that wants $95 (I haven't played there yet...I don't have any rich friends)

Part of that is th costs associated with with the area and the limited season.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Slingblade61 said:
Incredulous....yeah, that's what I think every time I visit my in-laws in North Carolina.

My home course is $51 (with cart) and there's one right down the road from me that wants $95 (I haven't played there yet...I don't have any rich friends)

Part of that is th costs associated with with the area and the limited season.
Sounds like Michigan. My buddy used to live there. Like $65 a round, any course due to the short season. But for some reason most of the put coupons in thw Wed paper for $25 round with a cart.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Too bad about this course.

Clearly has potential. irrigation system is very expensive to install though...

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
expensive....no doubt, if it were me I'd at least get a tank on one of my vehicles and get the tee boxes squared away....solid phucking concrete with a heavy mat of crabgrass....sheesh!

On the other hand, this is the course that is going to be open to play in 35 degree weather, this comes in handy in late November and December. :)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.