• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Baseball is Here!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Watched a couple of innings of the Brewers and Cubs game before the Masters started and I come away that golf is more exciting to watch then baseball. :(

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
There's far more intricacies in baseball than in Golf by a long shot.

Brewers aren't going to do well this year unless they get wicked lucky.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Baseball is worse than watching paint dry. Folks will sit in front of their television glued to a game that ends up 1-0 after 4 hours and 12 innings. If a baseball player hits a bad shot, he's out and gets to go sit back down. Golfers have to play their bad shots. If a baseball player bunts a ball 10 feet and a run scores he's a hero. If a golfer chunks a ball 10 feet, he's the laughing stock of the group.
And, I am biased because of a beautiful blonde lady who favors baseball over golf and tries to agitate me with that fact.:D

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Only Brewer's game I really enjoyed was when our boss got us in one of the suites above where they brought in food and food (pizza, tacos, hot dogs and on and on) and had every beer and mixed drink that exists there for us. Talk about living it up.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Baseball is one of the games I prefer to watch in person. Football in person sucks. Basketball isn't bad in person but the game itself bores me to tears and the squeaky shoes drives me up the wall.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Baseball is one of the games I prefer to watch in person. Football in person sucks. Basketball isn't bad in person but the game itself bores me to tears and the squeaky shoes drives me up the wall.

Why not live football? Just curious. I would have thought it would be more exciting.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country

The squeaky shoes drive me nuts, can't stand it on tv either. Football I do enjoy in person but its college ball I prefer. Give me a choice of Badger vs Packer tickets & I will take the Badgers everytime.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
For me it's all better on TV. I enjoy going and watching sporting events live but it's more about the atmosphere than actually being able to watch the game/event. I'm going to the PGA Championship again this year but I chose Thursday tickets because I need to watch on TV to see everything that's happening.

Watching a game in person is a fun experience but it's stupid costly and you have to deal with mobs of people that remind me of cattle all herding through a gate into a pen.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Why not live football? Just curious. I would have thought it would be more exciting.
As an Aussie, you know they're talking about "football" and not "football", don't you? Seems everyone outside the U.S. thinks football is played with a round ball. The "real" football is played with an oblong ball, sometimes underinflated, and the idea is to catch it... not let it hit you on your bare noggin!:rolleyes:

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Seems like the action is never in front of you and you can never see the good stuff.

I don't mind going to college games...but it's not for the football. It's for the 'atmosphere' if you know what I mean.

🔥 Latest posts