• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bay hill

gpo

Jun 2, 2008
Please don't take this as bragging.

About 17 months ago I got to play Bay Hill 3 times in 3 days. My company was having a conference there. We actually stayed at the resort.

Anyway this is probably the coolest tournament for me to watch on TV as I know all the holes pretty well. It is neat to see the pros hitting some of the same shots I did. Now of course I did not play from the back tees. It was either the next one up or the two up. I might have switch it up a couple of days.

Anyone else play a tournament course and have the same feeling?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
That's cool man. I really wanted to play Bethpage Black before the 2009 US Open but I doubt that's happening. You can bet the green speed, rough and pin positions are sick. I remeber playing just Triggs after the Providence Open, which is a pro tourney for like $6500. The greens were fast as hell and the pin postions were ludicrous. I had 2 4putts and 41 for the round.

johnny

Dec 22, 2008
Anyone else play a tournament course and have the same feeling?

i've played Torrey Pines a few hundred times, but not in the last few years. the big deal back then was to play it the monday morning after the tournament to play the same conditions.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
That's cool man. I really wanted to play Bethpage Black before the 2009 US Open but I doubt that's happening. You can bet the green speed, rough and pin positions are sick. I remeber playing just Triggs after the Providence Open, which is a pro tourney for like $6500. The greens were fast as hell and the pin postions were ludicrous. I had 2 4putts and 41 for the round.

I played Bethpage Black the day after the Empire Cup. The greens were, ummm, quick? I love fast greens as long they are true, and those greens were the truest I've ever played. All the greens at that complex are amazing. The grass was so short that we played through the guy hand watering greens three times.

Want to play that one this year, EZ? It'd be a long day, but I'd drive up to do it again.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I've played Pebble, Carnoustie, St. Andrews, and Whistling Straights. So I know exactly what you mean.

The Old Course was the best. Coming up the 18th, I really felt the history. They say every golfer needs to play there once in his or her life. Since I did, I understand what they mean by that.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I know what you mean. I played several rounds at the TPC Sawgrass, so watching The Players is always fun for me to watch.

Mr Happy

Oct 17, 2008
The Old Course was the best. Coming up the 18th, I really felt the history. They say every golfer needs to play there once in his or her life. Since I did, I understand what they mean by that.[/quote]

I also had the same feeling it is almost like you can feel the ghosts of the past there with you. When I walked across the swilican bridge had tears in my eyes. The best was paring the 18th.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I have played a replica of the 18th hole at Bayhill, it's the 18th hole at Northern Bay here in Wisconsin. That's the closest I have come so far:p

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
The Old Course was the best. Coming up the 18th, I really felt the history. They say every golfer needs to play there once in his or her life. Since I did, I understand what they mean by that.

I also had the same feeling it is almost like you can feel the ghosts of the past there with you. When I walked across the swilican bridge had tears in my eyes. The best was paring the 18th.[/quote]

Yes playing the old course is most definitely on my bucket list. ;)

🔥 Latest posts