• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bay Point Resort/Nicklaus Course, Panama City Beach, Fl.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
10/03/07
It was getting towards the end of the summer and I had promised the wife a trip to the coast. So after some research and planning with a cousin of mine a trip to Panama City Beach, Fl. was planned. We rented a Villa overlooking the course for $165.00 a night. Even though there was just me and my wife in it, this villa would have slept 8 adults very comfortably. 2 couches, a love seat and a chair all let out into beds along with the bedroom with a king sized bed. Everything except food is furnished and the villa's are better decorated than my house.

Now to the course. We pulled up in front of the pro shop and no sooner than I had popped the trunk open and was getting out of the car a man was taking my clubs out and placing them on a cart that had suddenly appeared. A quick trip into the pro shop to pay for the round, pick up a souvenir shirt and ball and pay $10.00 for the wife to ride along to take pictures and i was out $145.00. On the 1st tee another gentleman explained the pin placements for the day and informed my wife that every other hole had a barrel of chilled apples. Playing from the whites the course rates 71.7/132. being in Florida there are plenty of white sand bunkers and several marshes you must carry. The course was picturesque and in immaculate shape. Not the hardest course I've ever played but several of the holes were quite challenging, although its a bit confusing the way the course wanders in and out the condos and villa's.

All in all I thoroughly enjoyed it, and my wife enjoyed the scenery so if your other half is bugging you for a trip to the beach this could be the destination to make you both happy.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Pictures of Bay Point

Here are some pictures of our trip to Bay Point. Sorry about the lack of good shots of the course, the wife was taking them. In the background of the bottom picture are the Villa's we stayed in.
panama city 07 012.jpg
panama city 07 011.jpg
panama city 07 009.jpg
panama city 07 006.jpg

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
A few more pictures including the inside of the Villa if you need to convince your wife a trip down would be fun for her also, :laugh:
panama city 07 019.jpg
panama city 07 004.jpg
panama city 07 001.jpg
panama city 07 002.jpg

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.