• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

BB06 A wedge vs X-Tour 50*

Nemo

Just trying to suck less
Oct 27, 2007
I'm a fairly new golfer. I've hacked around playing once or twice a year for a while, but started to take the game more seriously last year and have been playing a lot more. I'm currently playing to a 20 hcp.

I just picked up a set of the BB 06 irons and it came with a "A" wedge, at 50* with 7* bounce. I already have a X-Tour 50* which has 11* bounce, which I really like. Just wondering if it would make any sense to carry both for different shots or just leave the A wedge in the closet? I have room for both in my bag because I never hit my 3 wood.

Maybe I could see using the A wedge for full swing shots and the X-Tour for everything else, but what about lies? Would one be better from the rough vs the fairway than the other?

big_greasy_taco

Jul 31, 2007
IMO there is really no need to have 2 identically lofted clubs in your bag. The only difference is the bounce. If I were you, I would keep the one I liked / played the best, and sell the other. Maybe HO it for something else?

Members online

No members online now.