• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

bd - Buddha - Need a player for tomorrow

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
bd-Buddha Well our nice Fall weather is just beginning to creeeeep in...

Cooler...less humidity. Gonna get better and better all the way through Thanksgiving.

Am planning my first afternoon round since early June tomorrow at 1:30.

We have Two and need two more.

bd are you out there??? Two hour drive down tomorrow morning and we'd have lunch and play....

buddha - there is a 7 am Southwest flight out of Tampa that will put you here at 8:30 am. I've taken it dozens of times.

we'd hit a few balls, have lunch and tee it up.

Lemme know

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Bravo said:
bd-Buddha Well our nice Fall weather is just beginning to creeeeep in...

Cooler...less humidity. Gonna get better and better all the way through Thanksgiving.

Am planning my first afternoon round since early June tomorrow at 1:30.

We have Two and need two more.

bd are you out there??? Two hour drive down tomorrow morning and we'd have lunch and play....

buddha - there is a 7 am Southwest flight out of Tampa that will put you here at 8:30 am. I've taken it dozens of times.

we'd hit a few balls, have lunch and tee it up.

Lemme know
Geez!..!..! You caught me about 45 min too late. I just closed on a 12:57 tee time, prepaid, for tomorrow in Crossville.

So, you're only 2 hours out from here? Maybe next weekend or so we can get in togeather. I'd be looking forward to something like that. <--Plus, my new mentality may take a couple of weeks to pull me back down into the mid 80s--> I'd hate to shoot a 98 and soil my good rep on the board. LOL

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
OK - we are going to do this. Stop talking about it and do it.

We gotta get buddha to fly up.

buddha:

Let's schedule this out about a month.

You can get a $99 fare on SWA. Take the early flight out at 7:15 am - arrive here at 7:45 am.

bd gains an hour driving down from Chattanooga. He leaves his house at 7 and gets here at about 8:15.

We hook up and play 36. He drives home. I take you to the airport for a 5:50 non-stop back to Tampa.

When do you guys want to do this??

Let's queue up mid-October. Beautiful weather and we'd have a blast....

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Bravo said:
OK - we are going to do this. Stop talking about it and do it.

We gotta get buddha to fly up.

buddha:

Let's schedule this out about a month.

You can get a $99 fare on SWA. Take the early flight out at 7:15 am - arrive here at 7:45 am.

bd gains an hour driving down from Chattanooga. He leaves his house at 7 and gets here at about 8:15.

We hook up and play 36. He drives home. I take you to the airport for a 5:50 non-stop back to Tampa.

When do you guys want to do this??

Let's queue up mid-October. Beautiful weather and we'd have a blast....
Tentatively, Sat. 10/16 is great for me. I alternate long and short weekends with my daughter (joint custody, yadda yadda). That's a short one. I'm all in. I'll buy new sandals, and I'll tie-die my cutoffs; I'd be ashamed to show up in them now, as they're acid-washed. No, no, no... Better yet, I just bought a "paper-boy" type hat, Payne Stewart style. I'm all in that, playa style!

Seriously! I wanna do this. Buddha. You gotta say yes. Montie is in VA. He could drive town to Chattanooga and catch a ride with me. That would fill a 4some.

Edit: My oh my... Vols/Tide 10/23... You can drive up the following saturday, we play 36 and catch the game.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
OK - I'll do that Saturday...

You guys name it. Let's find a mutually agreeable time in the next month and we'll do it...

Just waiting for buddha to sign in here...

Just a thought though if either of you could take off a weekday.

The #77 Public Course in the US (Golf Digest ratings) has weekday special going on now...

$49.95 includes 36 holes of cart and lunch. Its called All Inclusive and you give em a $50 bill and you get 8 hours of great, beautiful golf.

Check this out....

http://www.limestonesprings.com/honours/courses/newpage.asp?id=3&page=90

http://www.limestonesprings.com/newpage.asp?id=3&page=6

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
Bravo said:
OK - I'll do that Saturday...

You guys name it. Let's find a mutually agreeable time in the next month and we'll do it...

Just waiting for buddha to sign in here...

Just a thought though if either of you could take off a weekday.

The #77 Public Course in the US (Golf Digest ratings) has weekday special going on now...

$49.95 includes 36 holes of cart and lunch. Its called All Inclusive and you give em a $50 bill and you get 8 hours of great, beautiful golf.

Check this out....

http://www.limestonesprings.com/honours/courses/newpage.asp?id=3&page=90

http://www.limestonesprings.com/newpage.asp?id=3&page=6

I'm all for that. Weekday would be great! I get almost unlimited time off, and that would fill the golf addiction while the family is @ work/school. I'm salivating over that course.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
The interesting thing is the Robert TRent Jones trail courses get all the publicity and this course is higher rated than all of them...just a little out of the way...

I love the course. It is better than my club course. And its on the Chattanooga side of town and close to the airport.

Perfect for the bd/buddha golf round.

If we could play during the week, the odds of him getting here and playing 36 before the trip to the airport - we could get it in.

It is truly a beautiful golf course and as the Golf Digest ratings said - it gets less than 20,000 rounds per year....

We are so saturated with good courses that they are Cheap. They have to have low prices to get enough locals out there. And there is another premier Robert TRent Jones in the final stages of completion right now...Opening in April and built for PGA Tour events in terms of grandstand positioning, crowd routing, parking capacity etc....

Buddha - Sign on please....

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
This is one of our local Nicklaus courses, rated in the top 100 by GD. It runs around $50 ish weekend, but we play it thru ezlinks for around $20ish a round.
cm_8_t.jpg

cm_16_t.jpg

cm_162_t.jpg

The pics really don't do it justice. We'll consider it for a future reciprocity day, whenever you have time to come up.

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Sounds great. I need to try that ezlinks service. Sounds super..

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I'm in, if you guys fly me down there. The Canadian Peso isn't trading so hot these days, but if you guys buck up, consider me there. :p

Poor in Canuckville,

R35

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
rockford35 said:
I'm in, if you guys fly me down there. The Canadian Peso isn't trading so hot these days, but if you guys buck up, consider me there. :p

Poor in Canuckville,

R35

I'm gonna find a way to get you here.

Are you in Saskatoon or Regina??

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Regina.

You looking for a cheap flight? Hell, i'd take a bus if I didn't think they'd wreck my clubs.

R35

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Well I am not a travel agent but where there's a will there's a way...

Gimme some time to think of something here - like a combination of dogsled and 40 Wagon Mule Team.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
No way, no mule trains. I've done that before, no deal. My golf bag still reeks of manure.

You and you budget travel, B.

"Think harder, Homer". :)

R35

(If you can tell me what Simpsons episode that's from, there's a prize in it for you or anyone else.)

buddha33

aka Dick Ramser
Aug 31, 2004
Damn, fellas. You have me hyped up. It sounds like an awesome deal. I can't do it though...gotta couple of roadblocks:

1) Just moved into a new house and I'm pretty much broke
2) Any money I spend flying should probably be spent to see my mother in MD
3) I suck...I know you cats are cool as hell and wouldn't mind my hacking, but I wouldn't want to risk sucking somebody out of their zone.

Don't take this as a "No", but as a request for a raincheck. Once I get some fundage and a game to be proud of, I'll be the one shaking the tree.

And since I won't be there, I expect many a picture...from several cameras.

🔥 Latest posts