• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Been a while

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
My hobbies change constantly. Currently, golf isn't really one of my hobbies, but I'm sure it will be back some day. At this point, I do a few charity scrambles with friends and sometimes will play a round with the guys at work. That's about it.

I stick around here because 'I love you guys!' (tear emoji)

My kids are my hobby at this point. My 7 year old is really into fishing and baseball, so that's been our focus this summer.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
My hobbies change constantly. Currently, golf isn't really one of my hobbies, but I'm sure it will be back some day. At this point, I do a few charity scrambles with friends and sometimes will play a round with the guys at work. That's about it.

I stick around here because 'I love you guys!' (tear emoji)

My kids are my hobby at this point. My 7 year old is really into fishing and baseball, so that's been our focus this summer.
Yep, kids took me out of golf (willingly, they came first) years ago. Youngest is now 21 and starting her senior year in college today...I'm still not playing.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Yep, kids took me out of golf (willingly, they came first) years ago. Youngest is now 21 and starting her senior year in college today...I'm still not playing.
I'm not sure I'll ever be 'obsessed' with golf like I once was. I do enjoy it, but I believe I've reached 80% of my natural talent and I don't have the passion to spend the amount of time required to attain the last 20%.

My focus is on buying property. A place to hunt right now and retire to when I can. Would like to be as self sufficient as possible. I don't plan to go off grid, but want to have back up systems in place so that if we had to, we could.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
I'm not sure I'll ever be 'obsessed' with golf like I once was. I do enjoy it, but I believe I've reached 80% of my natural talent and I don't have the passion to spend the amount of time required to attain the last 20%.

My focus is on buying property. A place to hunt right now and retire to when I can. Would like to be as self sufficient as possible. I don't plan to go off grid, but want to have back up systems in place so that if we had to, we could.
I feel you, bro.

We bought several acres, and are living a more-sufficient life, debt free. We'll never be "self" sufficient. I don't think anyone ever could or should be. That's what community is for.

We raise much of our own food. Almost all of our own meat. Much of our vegetables. All of our eggs with enough to give away. We milk our goats, make cheese, preserve veggies for the winter. Wife just preserved some of our fig harvest into the most wonderful jam you will ever taste.

It's a good life.

I work full time in tech from home. I love my job. The wife stays home taking care of the mini-farm.

How did we get so blessed...?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I feel you, bro.

We bought several acres, and are living a more-sufficient life, debt free. We'll never be "self" sufficient. I don't think anyone ever could or should be. That's what community is for.

We raise much of our own food. Almost all of our own meat. Much of our vegetables. All of our eggs with enough to give away. We milk our goats, make cheese, preserve veggies for the winter. Wife just preserved some of our fig harvest into the most wonderful jam you will ever taste.

It's a good life.

I work full time in tech from home. I love my job. The wife stays home taking care of the mini-farm.

How did we get so blessed...?
That's exactly where I would like to be in a few years.

I also work in tech, but I'm not quit 100% remote yet.

bdcrowe

ST Homeland Security
Aug 30, 2004
That's exactly where I would like to be in a few years.

I also work in tech, but I'm not quit 100% remote yet.
Covid hastened our telecommute. Didn't know if I'd like full time telecommute. I do. :) I'll be requesting that it become permanent.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Covid hastened our telecommute. Didn't know if I'd like full time telecommute. I do. :) I'll be requesting that it become permanent.
Daughter's firm employs 1,200 at her location. They are 99% remote due to COVID. The firm just extended that work-from-home through the remainder of 2020. They built their current location about 8 years ago. Now considering marketing it and moving to a big slice of their staff permanently working remote. But... commercial real estate of that size is almost impossible to recover your investment since so many firms have moved partial staffs to remote. She has to go in once or twice/week to handle things that cannot be done remotely. Most meetings, in house and otherwise, are handled via Zoom and she can do that with her goats in the background at home!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Welcome back! That's the end of the kind words! Buck up and take the abuse! Your turn to get the hot fork!! Rest of us are burned out! :D:D:D:D

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Welcome back!

If it makes you feel any better I don’t remember either of you... and I’ve been around almost as long as Limp LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
lol, I did not post a whole heck a lot.
Did play a round with Wirehair from here years back.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Welcome back!

If it makes you feel any better I don’t remember either of you... and I’ve been around almost as long as Limp LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most people have sense enough not to hang with you ST nutcases very long. :D Just good to see another Texan. We need some more folks from the south who talk funny to offset the crusty Wisconsinites and their accents. :rolleyes:

🔥 Latest posts